JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   If you had to? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1404988-if-you-had-to.html)

inyourhonor January 22nd, 2009 06:10 PM

If you had to, would you birth in a hospital? Hypothetically, lets say they outlaw home birth and all midwives are thrown in jail. Would you birth at home UC or go to the hospital?

Mommy2Amara&Kayori January 22nd, 2009 09:06 PM

I would not go to a hospital, UC all the way!

Martina January 22nd, 2009 09:59 PM

I really dont know!! LOL I had 2 hospital NATURAL births, I had pro natural birth doctor, no interventions at all, and a doula, then I had 2 home births, planning 3rd now, but I dont know what I would do in that case!! I would probably force my doula to deliver my baby at home :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JoyfulChaosMama January 23rd, 2009 09:51 AM

I would only go to the hopital if it there was a true medical need. I have had 8 homebirths with one transfer after birth - I cannot imagine birthing in the hospital.

Martina January 23rd, 2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

I would only go to the hopital if it there was a true medical need. I have had 8 homebirths with one transfer after birth - I cannot imagine birthing in the hospital.[/b]
you have no idea how happy I am to hear this!!!!! you know I had 4 absolutely perfect births, no complications nothing, and now I am pretty much scared that it is not possible to have another one like that!!! OMG I am so happy you posted this!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaeph January 23rd, 2009 01:12 PM

I've had two UC's on purpose already...if they made it illegal like I could go to jail or be separated from my baby by CPS or something, I would birth in the hospital.

UrbanMomma January 23rd, 2009 01:20 PM

UC

punktart January 26th, 2009 11:53 PM

Well I already had one, but I would def. UC again.

Radish4ever January 27th, 2009 11:02 AM

I'm honestly not sure. I might go the hospital route with my midwives in attendance. I had some really random complications after my homebirth that required Rx stuff and I wouldn't trust my passed out self or my DH to take care of that, ykwim?

Aeterna January 27th, 2009 11:22 AM

UC.

Lonomia January 27th, 2009 12:25 PM

Definitely UC. I am thinking about one for my next baby.

Xx3Xy0 January 28th, 2009 01:45 AM

I would pray that I would go into labor while dh was at work, then UC. Short of a medical emergency there's NO way I will ever deliver in a hospital again.

I'm already considering UC'ing this time if I go into labor and DH is at work. I'll call him when I know its close enough so he can hopefully get here in time to see his child born... but if he's here, he'll want to call the midwife (who will honestly be here more for his peace of mind than for mine).

LaLa February 8th, 2009 11:12 PM

UC all the way :) (We use an underground MW anyways lol)

Lala...

mamatanya February 9th, 2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

If you had to, would you birth in a hospital? Hypothetically, lets say they outlaw home birth and all midwives are thrown in jail. Would you birth at home UC or go to the hospital?[/b]
I am thinking that I would have to go the UC route unless I was having complications. It is not about me or my experience, but I would not want them to get ahold of my baby. I have big babies. They would poke them and prick them and jab them and stab them and threaten to give them glucose water or formula!! ACK!!! Nope, no hospital birth for me unless it is an emergency.

Mama Goose February 16th, 2009 06:49 PM

UC

My midwife will only attend births between 37-42 weeks, so if I go into labor at 35, 36 or 43 weeks I'm planning to UC anyway.

CameraLinds February 17th, 2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

I would only go to the hopital if it there was a true medical need.[/b]
:ditto:
I've only had one homebirth but I also cannot imagine birthing in the hospital.

~Jackie February 17th, 2009 03:53 AM

I don't know. I would search really long and hard for pro-MW that goes to hospitals and be very very strict on the whole birth plan thing with the hospital. I may try UC.

_Brandy_ February 23rd, 2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

If you had to, would you birth in a hospital? Hypothetically, lets say they outlaw home birth and all midwives are thrown in jail. Would you birth at home UC or go to the hospital?[/b]

Well, that is a huge hypothetical thing that would never happen... but...

I would just have my baby at home on my own, like I have twice already as I have already faced this.

I will say, if there was a medical need to birth in hospital (to me this is meaning a medical need for a cesarean birth) I would attend to the hospital.