JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Are you ready? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1429310-you-ready.html)

inyourhonor February 9th, 2009 06:50 AM

Are you mamas who are getting close ready? Physically, mentally?

Error_kitten February 9th, 2009 10:52 AM

Even though I still have 12.5 weeks ahead of me I am trying to prep myself mentally as much as possible.
I know for me my biggest worry was that my DH wouldnt be prepared to handle me during the birth (know what to offer and suggest to me and when).
But I purchased "the birth partner" and hes been actively reading it and even asked me for post it flags so he would know what pages to turn to later on if he felt confused *insert big AWWWW here*.

So let just hope I can keep this confidence and prepared state of mind till May.

Physically I am doing a lot more stretching trying to keep my flexibility for the labor. Let hope it helps! hehe

This is my first so I'm just winging it.

mamatanya February 9th, 2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Are you mamas who are getting close ready? Physically, mentally?[/b]
Physically, I am totally ready when this baby is ready. I feel like my body is going is falling apart a little more each day that I am preggo. More vericose veins. More spider veins. More swelling. More discomfort. I am SO ready!! Oh and yes I am also mentally ready. I am 39 weeks tomorrow. I've been praying that if and when the baby is ready, I am ready. I guess it is not ready yet, lol.

kimberlypatton@msn.com February 10th, 2009 08:43 AM

I'm totally ready to be done. I'm there both physically AND mentally. ha ha. I even started "nesting" yesterday in the form of trying to rearrange my bedroom and get rid of all the dust and get it completely NICE AND CLEAN. I'm starting to feel the pressure of the short amount of time I have left to get things in order. I haven't even FOUND all my baby stuff. Fortunately it's all just stuff and the baby doesn't really NEED any of it. I'll find it eventually. I did go out and buy a few 0-3 mo things for her since I gave away all my baby clothing to a friend in that particular size (the month BEFORE I found out I was preggo. Go figure!).

Strangely, I had a lot of totally unfounded fear surrounding this impending birth so I requested another ultrasound. I've never had more than one during a pregnancy. I went in last week and just seeing her in there, all perfect, practicing breathing and sucking her thumb made all my fears melt right away! I got a renewed sense of excitement and anticipation that I'd been lacking since the beginning of this pregnancy. It really DID something for me, mentally, to see her again. PLUS I was reassured that she was INDEED a she. I had my doubts. I really am not into suprises at this point in my life (though any baby is a blessing). I just like to be prepared.

Anyhow, that's where I'm at! :-) I'll be 37 weeks on the 20th of this month, so anytime from then on I'm good to go for my home delivery!!!

_Brandy_ February 23rd, 2009 07:55 PM

Reading this brings back memories.

Please free to ask anything that you need in order to get more prepared. I always liked to hear advice of other homebirthers or stories of what they forgot/wished they had done differently.