JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Water birth... or not? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1430808-water-birth-not.html)

chazsucks February 10th, 2009 05:36 AM

So basically I am due May 10th.
I wanted to buy a birthing pool (off ebay) but get new liners etc obviously and do it at home here in my living room.
However me and my boyfriend are staying with my dad. And we've just found out the house has been sold.
The couple don't want to move in till July, so we may still have the chance to do it here
But if we do end up moving before, we will be living in a flat, and I don't know if there will be enough room / floor will be strong enough etc
And I don't know what to do....
Any advice? x

MamaFish February 10th, 2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

So basically I am due May 10th.
I wanted to buy a birthing pool (off ebay) but get new liners etc obviously and do it at home here in my living room.
However me and my boyfriend are staying with my dad. And we've just found out the house has been sold.
The couple don't want to move in till July, so we may still have the chance to do it here
But if we do end up moving before, we will be living in a flat, and I don't know if there will be enough room / floor will be strong enough etc
And I don't know what to do....
Any advice? x[/b]
Could you plan on renting a pool? That way you wouldn't be stuck with the cost if you have to move and aren't in a place you can use one.

I'd just be prepared with an alternate plan. Are you open to a birthing center with a pool... if a water birth is that important to you?

_Brandy_ February 23rd, 2009 08:58 PM

I wouldn't worry that the floor won't be strong enough, if they floor is truly that weak then the place shouldn't have anyone inside it (it wouldn't be structurally sound). This isn't an issue if you haven't yet moved anyway, so let's keep positive on it still.

As for a pool, we bought ours at a local store for $29. It is what many many midwives use, the "fishy pool" and it is awesome, and it is 'new to you' and so very easy to clean afterwards. It may work well for you, check it out.

I wouldn't worry that the floor won't be strong enough, if they floor is truly that weak then the place shouldn't have anyone inside it (it wouldn't be structurally sound). This isn't an issue if you haven't yet moved anyway, so let's keep positive on it still.

As for a pool, we bought ours at a local store for $29. It is what many many midwives use, the "fishy pool" and it is awesome, and it is 'new to you' and so very easy to clean afterwards. It may work well for you, check it out.