JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Check in (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1463330-check.html)

_Brandy_ March 4th, 2009 09:44 PM

Hey Ladies,

I thought it may be an idea to do a check in, see who is here, where you are in a pregnancy or planning one, or done. How your children are, work, school, homelife, etc.

Feel free to ramble!

inyourhonor March 5th, 2009 04:58 AM

Re: Check in

I'm here, just feeling out of the sorts. My home birth was in November. Dane just turned 3 months on Feb 28th. We're having weight gaining issues with him, he was only 9lbs 5oz the other day at his check up and his birth weight was 7lbs 14oz. So, it's been stressful and I've been everywhere in my mind. Other then his weight, he's doing amazing.

My oldest is 3 and keeping me on my toes as well. I feel like my mind is going to explode! We are also in the process of buying a business so that added stress, I just want to run away to Fiji for a month. Can I? haha.

I believe also Cabin Fever has hit me. Our snow has not melted yet, we're supposed to be in the high 40s almost 50's so, I'm hoping and crossing fingers snow melts! I want to get the boys out for walks, fresh air and to start to lose weight.

I really hope everyone else is doing well and we have some babies soon!

~Jackie March 5th, 2009 01:40 PM

How your children are, work, school, homelife, etc.

Pregnancy - 37wks today and started losing a small amount of mucous plug this morning.

Kailey - doing good. Her and I are butting heads a lot lately so I'm reading Dr. Sears religiously at work.

School - I took off the semester so I can have Nola.

Homelife - good... just preparing for Nola. I just washed ALL the baby clothes and the car seat, bouncer & bassinet. I need to seriously clean my floors and I'll feel good.

I also just contemplated moving the living room around... I'm tired of how it looks and since we aren't using the fireplace anymore.......B)

Hey There March 6th, 2009 06:40 AM

I'm about 11 weeks. First, pregnancy and first homebirth!! I"m due around September 23rd.
I've had one appointment with the midwife and go back in 2 weeks. It's pretty exciting!!

Sk8ermaiden March 6th, 2009 08:42 AM

I'm 23 weeks, due July 2 with my first and feeling pretty good. :)

Kelllilee March 6th, 2009 12:44 PM

only 4 weeks here :lol: trying to get up the courage to call the midwife. It just feels like I'm jinxing myself by admitting the pregnancy. lol I know, I'm nuts...

marialena March 9th, 2009 07:35 AM

I am 35 Weeks, getting very excited for this baby to arrive. I am due about April 12th. I have a midwife appointment today, I am very excited. Yesterday I washed all the baby clothes and blankets.
This is our first baby and we are taking things day by day. I have started freezing portions of our dinners to eat after the baby comes. I ordered my pool for labor yesterday. I have only 3 weeks left of work, 9 total days of work! Things really seem to be wrapping up, this is really happening!!!

crystalmwood March 10th, 2009 06:54 PM

I'm not preggo at the moment, but DH and I are planning to start trying for #2 in august and we are hoping for a home birth :-) I can't wait!!! We have a son alreayd who just turned 13months.

Martina March 10th, 2009 09:31 PM

21 weeks pregnant, and gaining too much weight, making me too BIG and I dont like it! (I am usually very active and this just annoys me!! YUCK)
other than that I wish it was July!!

_Brandy_ March 11th, 2009 03:58 PM

I Am here, freezing my butt off with the 2nd wave of winter...

I am busy working on classes for school and planning a community baby shower for 150 expectant moms.

kimberlypatton@msn.com March 14th, 2009 07:44 AM

I'm BAAAACK!!! Haven't been on the board since the big JM change!!! But I've got it all bookmarked and I'm sorta logged in but need to get my screen name back somehow.

Anyhow, I'm 40 wks +1 day as of today (Sat. the 14th). My ticker is a day off...but who's counting, right? ha ha.

We are all so ANXIOUS (though none more than me) to meet this little baby girl! I'm pretty much done being pregnant but obviously she's really comfy in there and isn't ready to come out yet. This will be my 2nd home birth and hopefully my 4th waterbirth!!! We are totally all set with supplies, baby things, birth tub...everything but a willing baby! I hope to be able to post that she's been born VERY soon.

PLUS, I'm glad to be back on the board! It's great to see so many ladies here planning home births!

Kelllilee March 14th, 2009 10:44 AM

Hey Kim! I was wondering if that baby had shown her face yet. Hang in there!

kimberlypatton@msn.com March 14th, 2009 11:08 AM

Kelli, I'll be updating Facebook via Twitter when I'm in labor and throughout...and I'll post very shortly after the birth so since you're a friend of mine on there you'll be totally "in the loop", real time! ha ha. If anyone else wants to be a Facebook friend just let me know...

Everyday Miracles March 14th, 2009 09:39 PM

I am currently TTC #5 (will be the second at home with us right now) and am planning an unattended pregnancy and an unattended home birth as well. I'm having difficulty finding overall support for what I want. I have had three pregnancies now unattended and have never been happier with the quality of care I can give *myself*. I know my body and when I need to go to the hospital. So why is it that I keep hearing people push about how "important" it is to get "prenatal care." I can do without all the needles, thank you, and I refuse any tests that aren't mandated by law (and the prenatal labs and the GBS are mandated if you get prenatal care).

DH is finally behind me in my decision to do this "my way" and I couldn't be happier. We were hoping to be due in November but we're now looking towards AF's arrival so that we can head into our next cycle.

All four of my other children were born in the hospital and they were all horrible experiences. With my first I was given unnecessary interventions that I refused. With my second I expected a doctor to be attending and the doctor didn't show up in time (the nurse caught the baby, and I do mean CAUGHT the baby). With the third, the doctor told me I had an hour left before I would be pushing and just LEFT. Well when she returned I was nursing my daughter!

The third wasn't so bad but I don't ever, ever want to have another induction. I have gone through four pregnancies without pain relief and I would rather not have to do that with pitocin ever again. I was forced to have an IV (my first ever) and although the staff were very kind to me, I held my baby for the first time almost two hours after she was born.

This, for me, is the natural way of doing things! I will be contacting our local midwives as soon as I am pregnant so that I have someone to call in case of an emergency, but other than that we are unassisted home birth all the way!

CameraLinds March 15th, 2009 12:39 PM

We're doing good minus the fact DH works 84 hours a week and it stinks to high heavens, poor guy no days off either :( and to top it off we're getting the start of a sore throat/cold and poor lil DS is congested. I can't believe he's 7 weeks. I can't wait to prepare and hopefully have another home birth in the future. DH keeps saying he only wants one LO, but we'll see.