JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   waterbirth &husbands... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1474222-waterbirth-and-husbands.html)

crystalmwood March 12th, 2009 08:27 AM

waterbirth &husbands...

Has anyone here had a water birth and their husbands sat in the tub with them? I was just wondering if it was a comfortable thing or how it went, my husband and I are going to start TTC #2 in july, and I want a home waterbirth and I do want him to be in the tub, but at the same time, I dont know/or want him to be grosed out:confused:...did that happen to anyone? To me it's not grose, but I know it's different with men. I'm just a little worried about the subject, and I'm one of those people who likes to plan way ahead...so i know the question will be burning on my mind and i just want to ask him when he gets back in 2 months lol. Thanks in advance for your input ladies!

_Brandy_ March 12th, 2009 09:05 AM

Re: waterbirth &husbands...

My husband was not in the water with any of my waterbirths. Hoenstly, if he was I would have kicked him out, he would have been in my space and interferring with my birthing ways... I have seen a lot of pictures of dads in the tub though. If he was in my water at the birth he would have been grossed out too, lots of stuff was in the water with each baby (mostly blood/fluids after the birth).

~Jackie March 12th, 2009 09:27 AM

DH would be totally grossed out so he won't be in it. LOL! Some men don't mind though so it doesn't hurt to ask!!

inyourhonor March 12th, 2009 10:50 AM

He sat in the tub with me, rubbed my back and put pressure on it when needed. My son was a land birth, but had I decided to stay in the tub, he would have stayed in with me. I didn't think I wanted him in there, but I asked him and he said he'd come in, and did.

Lonomia March 12th, 2009 10:50 AM

My DH was in the tub with me during my DS birth. We had quite a large inflatable kiddie pool so I had lots of room to move around. I wanted my DH in there with me and it turned out so wonderfully. DH wasn't grossed out at all but thats just the way he is.

If you want your DH in there with you then I would definitely talk to him about it!

Kelllilee March 12th, 2009 11:31 AM

we wanted him to be in the tub with my last birth, but it was just too fast he didn't get a chance. He really feels like he missed out and wants to be in the tub and catch this baby himself. The thought doesn't gross him out at all.

crystalmwood March 12th, 2009 05:02 PM

oh good, i'm glad to hear all the reassuring thoughts of you ladies who DID have their hubbies in the tub, makes me feel a bit better, I'm definitly going to talk about it to him, I just know ti will be a touchy subject due to me most likely feeling offended if he's grosed out lol. But we shall see! thank you for all your thoughts, good or bad, all views are best to be heard!

inyourhonor March 17th, 2009 06:49 PM

Good luck! I hope you keep us updated :)

Mommy2Amara&Kayori March 19th, 2009 02:06 PM

while planning the birth I wanted him to e in the tub, he said no it would be gross

when I went into labor and got in the tub, I didn't want him in with me anyways so it worked out ok

crystalmwood March 19th, 2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inyourhonor (Post 14930175)
Good luck! I hope you keep us updated :)

Oh I definitly will! DH and I will be TTC #2 in july :-) He doesnt get back form his deployment until may! And I dont want another winter baby, soooo we HAVE to wait until may if it all works out! lol