JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Would ya'll mind helping me? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1485151-would-yall-mind-helping-me.html)

*~Amber~* March 19th, 2009 08:14 PM

Would ya'll mind helping me?

I need help convincing dh, I sent him the excerpts in favor of homebirth and the convincing dh page but he is a worrier and is still afraid it isn't safe. I know it's safe you know its safe how do I convince dh or at least get him to let me do it?

Alison79 March 19th, 2009 08:30 PM

Re: Would ya'll mind helping me?

I highly suggest meeting with a homebirth midwife together so he can ask her the questions directly and go over what his fears are. Sometimes meeting the person and seeing/knowing the equipment they carry,certifications they have and what happens if a transport is needed goes a long way in helping a concerned spouse/partner feel more comfortable. Best of luck!

inyourhonor March 19th, 2009 08:51 PM

I agree 100% with Alison. My husband was worried because we were attempting a VBAC at home, so his concerns were warranted to me. He agreed to meet up with our midwife for a consultation, he asked her every question you could imagine. She answered him sincerely, throughly and when we left, he told me to cancel my other appointment. He wanted to go with her. He was nervous the whole pregnancy but we had a successful HBAC and he is all about home birth now.

Definitely have him meet with a home birth midwife.

*~Amber~* March 19th, 2009 09:31 PM

Great idea thanks girls!

kimberlypatton@msn.com March 21st, 2009 11:25 AM

You should have him sit down and watch The Business Of Being Born. It's a great video for convincing. ALSO there's a disc that comes with the book GENTLE BIRTH CHOICES that is EXCELLENT!

*~Amber~* March 21st, 2009 05:58 PM

I talked to the midwife in my area and she is very willing to meet with us and DH agreed to meet with her. I am going to be purchasing "The Business of Being Born" because the midwife suggested that we watch it too. He seems to be wanting to understand my reasons for wanting a home birth, I am encouraged by his attitude about it.

_Brandy_ March 21st, 2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison79 (Post 14968369)
I highly suggest meeting with a homebirth midwife together so he can ask her the questions directly and go over what his fears are. Sometimes meeting the person and seeing/knowing the equipment they carry,certifications they have and what happens if a transport is needed goes a long way in helping a concerned spouse/partner feel more comfortable. Best of luck!

I would suggest this as well.

Also, I would share research with him regarding safety of homebirth vs risk of hospital birth. It is as safe or safer to birth at home. There are more risks in hospital. These are facts.

CameraLinds March 21st, 2009 08:25 PM

I agree with everyone here- have him watch the business of being born, meet with a midwife and do research like Brandy said that shows the facts about homebirth vs. hospital. Thankfully I didn't have to convince my DH, he was born at home and grow up with that knowledge ;)