JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Pets, did you/will you? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1485664-pets-did-you-will-you.html)

inyourhonor March 20th, 2009 07:53 AM

Pets, did you/will you?

Did you/will you have them at your birth?

We let our cats roam since they were more interested perching off the top of the couches. Our one dog at the time we had to lock up. He's a barker and while he is harmless, new people come around and he doesn't shut up. So I didn't want him yapping while I was in labor.

Hey There March 20th, 2009 08:12 AM

Re: Pets, did you/will you?

Good point!! I didn't think about the pugs! LuLu is a barker at loud noises, doors slamming...and they both want to be on your lap all the time so I guess thye'll have to go to their sitters. One less thing to worry about!

kimberlypatton@msn.com March 20th, 2009 09:30 AM

We have a cat and a dog. The cat can roam and not be in the way...he's indoor outdoor anyhow. The DOG, on the other hand, will have to be locked out of the main living area. She really doesn't like new things happening and change and lots of people...she'll be all freaked out and in the way. She can't stand when my midwife comes and touches me. She gets all protective. So, while she wouldn't actually HURT anyone, she'd definitely be an unwelcome distraction in more ways than one, unfortunately.

CameraLinds March 20th, 2009 11:13 AM

Our yapper dog was out....he loves people and was awesome with the MWs :) they loved him too. He'd only bark when people went past but I just ignored it. Didn't bother me. He was sweet too, whenever I was making primate noises he'd come over to the pool and check on me.

crystalmwood March 21st, 2009 06:39 AM

I'm definitly going to take mine to the boarding facility we use...My english bulldogge gets concerned when your in the bath, and then tries to lick all the water so i definitly wont want her licking up the birthing pool! lol And my other one is sweet, and loves everyone, but I'd want her with ym bulldogge so they dnt get anxiety b/c they'reseperated.

_Brandy_ March 21st, 2009 06:31 PM

My dogs are usually outside. We didn't have dogs with Kiera (my first homebirth). We had one dog, he was 4 months, with Julius and he was inside for much of my (4 hour) labour, but was kicked outside before he was born. With Sebastien the dogs (two) were both outside...

My cats have never been an issue or concern, they had/have free roam like always.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori March 23rd, 2009 01:32 PM

I don't remember where my dog was, lol, I am sure she was in the house with us somewhere. She is very mellow, so I wasn't worried about her being there at all.