JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Finally in Labor Here! x posted in NCB (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1489231-finally-labor-here-x-posted-ncb.html)

kimberlypatton@msn.com March 23rd, 2009 07:01 AM

Finally in Labor Here! x posted in NCB

My water broke at 6AM. Well, it's FOR REAL this time. I had to have it gush twice to believe it after so many false alarms w/contractions over the last few weeks. I'm even starting some mild (very mild) contractions. I get to meet my baby today!!! Please pray for a SAFE & Problem Free home birth and healthy baby. I'll be updating my Facebook via Twitter throughout so if you want to follow me you can send a friend request to Kimberly Borgeson.

inyourhonor March 23rd, 2009 09:39 AM

Re: Finally in Labor Here! x posted in NCB

How exciting! The 23rd is a great day for a birthday, I should know, it's mine!

Oh i can't wait to hear your little one is here and easy labor vibes and a problem free home birth vibes coming your way!

_Brandy_ March 23rd, 2009 11:05 AM

Good luck, enjoy and cherish this time. I can't wait to hear!

kimberlypatton@msn.com March 23rd, 2009 11:29 AM

Thanks so much Ladies! I'm really excited. I'm thinking it's going to be another LONG labor since things have slowed down but when I do get contrax they're pretty intense and I'm losing lots of mucus plug w/each strong one! I'm sure it will be TODAY...but probably in the late afternoon sometime!

Mommy2Amara&Kayori March 23rd, 2009 01:37 PM

how exciting! good luck ELV

kimberlypatton@msn.com March 24th, 2009 06:00 AM

Had baby girl(still no name) at 4:15PM. She was 20.5 inches and 9 pounds even. Another beautiful, pain free, home/water birth!!! YAY.

Cross posted this on the NCB board: Thank you for all your sweet comments on my FB and for following the birth. It was so wonderful to have a virtual cheering section. haha. And a special thanks to all who sent up thoughts and prayers for a great delivery!!!

Thanks everyone! :-) The birth was great. I never got checked nor do I check myself. I just kinda know where I'm at, progress wise. I labored mostly sitting then stood for the contrax and breathed through them. I got in the tub only when I knew it was time to push. Had her out in 3 min. of pushing. Got in the tub and she crowned first push, head out second, then felt like forever before I could push the rest of her out but the midwives said it all took place in 3 min. haha. I pulled her out of the water to my chest. LOVE that part. The "ring of fire" was the most intense burny one I've had yet but her head was 15 inches...don't know if that's big or not or how it compares to my others. Still consider it a pain free but very hard, intense work birth (it was intense the last 30 min or so as I entered transition). Took nearly 40 min. to deliver placenta, my LEAST fave part of birth. Lots of blood so they did give me petocin to help the uterus contract since it was mushy. Never had that before and it kind of freaked me out. I think I'm OK now...seems to be normal after birth flow. Not much sleep...only about 1hr last night. Libby was up and came to bed with us, then Avi had a nightmare, then baby had mucus and breathing issues then puked up a whole bottle on me. It's been one thing after another. My Mom is holding her now and I'm thinking I should head back to bed and try to get some rest. It's not quite 6AM here.

I posted pics on my facebook if you want to see them there (Kimberly Borgeson to rq friend) otherwise I'll try and get some up for you all later today!

Mommy2Amara&Kayori March 24th, 2009 09:34 AM

congrats!!!