JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Photos from my home birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1490222-photos-my-home-birth.html)

Alison79 March 23rd, 2009 05:11 PM

Photos from my home birth

Eleanor was born on 2/10 (home water birth) and I just got my slideshow from my fabulous friend and photographer. Wanted to share with you all :)

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/sh...6#post15023996

**Jenn** March 23rd, 2009 06:11 PM

Re: Photos from my home birth

I hope you don't mind me popping in Alison (I was in Jan '06 DDC/PR with you) but I just wanted to say how beautiful all the pictures are! It looks like an absolutely amazing birth and Eleanor is just gorgeous! You are my inspiration for a great homebirth when we finally manage to get pregnant again. Congratulations!

Alison79 March 23rd, 2009 07:12 PM

Jenn! So great to see you and your boys, they are adorable! It was a beautiful birth, I didn't have to push and it was pretty close to pain free. I hope you will be planning your own home birth very soon!

inyourhonor March 23rd, 2009 07:29 PM

Thank you for sharing! I loved seeing it :)

CameraLinds March 23rd, 2009 07:50 PM

TFS! Great pics. I wish, I would have hired the birth photographer for my DS's birth, one of the things I regret not doing, cause the pics we got aren't that great and don't capture everything. :( Your pics are so great and a great memory, did you use a birth photographer for each birth?

Alison79 March 23rd, 2009 08:18 PM

Lindsey, this was the first birth we had a photographer attend. She is also a Doula and just was the perfect match for our family. I wish I had these kind of photos from my other births. When Reid was born my DH took some photos but we had no photos of him and I together and I really wanted to make sure I had that this time around.

crystalmwood March 23rd, 2009 08:20 PM

Absolutely beautiful! wow!!!! I actually decided today that when we have our 2nd baby (that is after we start tyring in july) that I want a photographer at our birth, and wow! This really confirmed my decision!!!! How gorgeous those photos were, they really told the whole story! i loved it so much!

inyourhonor March 23rd, 2009 08:55 PM

I'd love something like that at our next home birth. I got some great shots of Dane being born though!

**Jenn** March 24th, 2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison79 (Post 15026131)
Jenn! So great to see you and your boys, they are adorable! It was a beautiful birth, I didn't have to push and it was pretty close to pain free. I hope you will be planning your own home birth very soon!

Thanks! It sounds like it was just perfect! I'm really happy for you that you got to have another successful home birth as well as another beautiful baby!

We've been trying for 6 months now so we're hoping it happens soon!

Doodle March 24th, 2009 01:08 PM

I lurk here and am friends with your Friend Corry! Your birth pictures are beautiful! I wish I could medically qualify for a home birth

CameraLinds March 24th, 2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison79 (Post 15027043)
Lindsey, this was the first birth we had a photographer attend. She is also a Doula and just was the perfect match for our family. I wish I had these kind of photos from my other births. When Reid was born my DH took some photos but we had no photos of him and I together and I really wanted to make sure I had that this time around.

Wow that's perfect! :) We're so doing that next time, my MW took the pics for us :)