JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Joining! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1492920-joining.html)

soImarriedAnerd March 25th, 2009 11:11 AM

Joining!

My dream birth was ALWAYS a home birth. But when I found out I was pregnant I also found out that the 3 CNM that did do home births in IL ---2 quit and the one left was booked. I was heart broken but moved on....found a great CNM group that did ABC births...not the same but close. WELL......
Two days ago I found out one of the CNM was leaving that group ---to start up her own practice----TO DO HOME BIRTHS! And I called to talk to her and she would love to take me on. So I am crying I am so happy that I am going to get one! So now instead of lurking and being jealous of you all---I'm now joining you!

Oh my name is Angela, 31, married to Troy, 30. Expecting our first at the end of July/Early Aug. We travel around the world for DH's job (chemical engineer) and are in one location for 3-6 months, currently the Philippines. We will be going back to the states early May and then only working State jobs till end of June. Then we move to our homebase in Chicago-land area till baby is here. Then once baby has passport we are off again.
We live in hotels where ever we go. This does include while in the states. So techincally we are having a hotel birth LOL. But its a hotel-apartment, we have kitchen/living room/bedroom/bathroom. We stay at the same one every time we are in the states---its like home and very relaxing for me.
Can't wait to get to know you all! Do we have any other Chicago area moms here?

CameraLinds March 25th, 2009 11:15 AM

Re: Joining!

:welcome: That's awesome! congrats Angela!!! :cheer: HBs rock!! :)

inyourhonor March 25th, 2009 11:35 AM

Congrats! Welcome, were excited to have you :)

_Brandy_ March 25th, 2009 11:41 AM

Great news! i am excited for you!

_Brandy_ March 25th, 2009 11:55 AM

Great news! i am excited for you!

Alison79 March 25th, 2009 01:02 PM

Welcome!

Martina March 25th, 2009 02:52 PM

Hi!!!!!:bluecheer::yellowcheer::bluecheer:

soImarriedAnerd March 25th, 2009 08:19 PM

HI!!!! and thanks for the welcomes ladies!

marialena March 26th, 2009 07:01 PM

Yeah!! So glad to see everything working out beautifully for you!! I don't know if you remember me from the april ddc but we are still planning our home birth (i'm the only one in the ddc now). Can't wait to see how your pregnancy progresses!

soImarriedAnerd March 26th, 2009 07:37 PM

^^^YES I remember you! I LOVE your siggy picture :wub:

Mommy2Amara&Kayori March 28th, 2009 02:20 PM

Congrats Angela!! I am glad you will get the birth you want

marialena - I too love your siggy, its beautiful!