JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   unassisted births (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1506898-unassisted-births.html)

Kelsie April 4th, 2009 12:13 PM

unassisted births

i've gotten both negative and positive thoughts on this and i want to know yours.

Sk8ermaiden April 4th, 2009 03:21 PM

Re: unassisted births

I would never be comfortable without a trained professional. I don't really understand the desire to birth without a trained professional. I don't judge it at all, I just don't understand it. I think if I wanted one, I could handle a "midwife hangs out upstairs" and only comes down in an emergency arrangement, but there's just so much more that my midwife who's been in practice 17 years knows than I do.

But I draw the line at voting, "A midwife or Dr should always be present." Because someone could easily amend that thinking to "A Dr should always be present" and I totally support a woman's right to choose her birth setting and professionals.

c'est_la_vie April 4th, 2009 04:02 PM

I think they're amazing. I wish I could have one.

CameraLinds April 4th, 2009 05:20 PM

If you feel you can do it and have enough knowledge then I see nothing wrong with it! If midwifery/homebirthing ever becomes illegal or we move to a state were it is I'd rather have an UC than be in the hospital ;)

soImarriedAnerd April 5th, 2009 12:35 PM

I think a woman's body is amazing! I also think it ranks up there with its a woman's choice for birth. (i voted undecided because I didn't know if you wanted what I think is ok for women or what *I* would do). I personally would need someone there with me and DH...even as a nurse I know I may have the training but I don't believe my hormones/emotions would allow me to be a clear thinker about whats going on--even with my amazing body! :D

Lonomia April 7th, 2009 03:09 PM

I definitely agree with them under the right circumstances.

_Brandy_ April 7th, 2009 10:22 PM

I have had two. When you live in a place without midwives there isn't always much choice.

inyourhonor April 8th, 2009 07:33 AM

I voted undecided for myself. I believe that if you have the confidence and the will to do it, then great! If you believe in yourself and your body, then I think UC's are just fine.

I personally could not do it. Having one previous c-section, that has left me slightly scared. I'd have to have someone there for my own comfort who could handle the emergency situation if it arose. I know I would not be able to.