JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   So anyone watch ER finale? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1507869-so-anyone-watch-er-finale.html)

soImarriedAnerd April 5th, 2009 11:19 AM

So anyone watch ER finale?

Ok so I don't get ER (tv show) over here. But apparetly the finale was in the last week....anyone see it? Because something went wrong with a pregnant girl and now my family is all nervous its going to happen to me while at home. *rolls eyes* Don't worry I'm not letting it bug me or anything, and YES I HATE most of hollywood when it comes to pregnancy. But I'm wondering WHAT happened in the show. Funny no one got nervous and sent me emails with the Grey's anatomy pregnant lady death.

inyourhonor April 5th, 2009 12:00 PM

Re: So anyone watch ER finale?

I watched it.

What happened was, her water broke and she was pregnant with twins. Delivered the first, then the 2nd. From what I gather, her uterus came out. They had to push it back in, where she lost a lot of blood. They transfered her to OR and then later in the show they said she had died.

I honestly wouldn't worry. I had people trying to scare me because i was having a VBAC birth at home. I had so many people throwing the "your uterus could rupture!" i just looked at them and said " yeah and i could step off the street curb and be hit by a bus. a risk is a risk" and I was more then willing to 'risk' it. Obviously nothing happened to me. By the end of my pregnancy, I was just sick of hearing the possibilities as if I hadn't researched them and educated myself on them before hand.

It was sad, I cried. But then again, I cry at pampers commercials now a days haha.

soImarriedAnerd April 5th, 2009 08:11 PM

Yeah I'm not worried about it---I just get annoyed when people see crap on tv and then use THAT to tell me I'm wrong. LOL I mean come on people at least pick up a book/research magazine or find a good website and gets something REAL if you want to tell me i'm wrong :D
Thanks for filling me in!

Kelsie April 5th, 2009 10:25 PM

i had a friend that that happened too. she had to have emergency surgery, but she's wasn't anywhere near death. i wouldn't be worried either. don't they usually deliver twins in the OR at hospitals anyways? or is that just in small places? (that way they're already in OR if something goes wrong)

_Brandy_ April 10th, 2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsie (Post 15229079)
don't they usually deliver twins in the OR at hospitals anyways? or is that just in small places? (that way they're already in OR if something goes wrong)

In my city hospital birthed twins are birthed in mat/child, in a regular room. Homebirth isn't uncommon with multiples either, twins isn't emergent.

I saw the last episode of ER and wondered why they put that story in there, they didn't follow it up well, just the surgeon saying an off the cuff comment something like "oh that one, yea, she died on the table" and that was about it.

soImarriedAnerd April 10th, 2009 08:21 PM

^^^^ because pregnant and scary gets viewers <_<

inyourhonor April 10th, 2009 09:03 PM

yup! im not pregnant right now and i was clutching dane and bawling my eyes out.