JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   More confident or more nervous with second third and subsequent homebirths? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1648067-more-confident-more-nervous-second-third-and-subsequent-homebirths.html)

louisatasha July 26th, 2009 02:28 PM

More confident or more nervous with second third and subsequent homebirths?

Hi all, I have been reading all the birth stories here, amazing and glad my memory has been jogged on homebirthing, even though my last homebirth was only ten months ago!
I found out this week that I am expecting my fourth child, and have already booked my htird homebirth. I had a homebirth for my beautiful daughter last year, and the year before that i homebirthed my other beautiful daughter.
Perhaps it is because i am so early in my pregnancy, and also because it seems we, as women, forget so quickly the labour and subsequent months of having a newborn ( i seem to have forgotton alot, probably due to unearthly fatigue and baby brain!), but it seems i am slightly more nervous about this homebirth than i was the first or second. Maybe I am thinking i might not have the mental or physical strength, even though I know deep down i wouldnt have the strength to have a hospital birth by choice... or maybe it is because i have been so 'Lucky' (as i have been told many times, at having relaively pain fre uncomplicated and easy births, no tears or drama).. i dont know.. anyway i was hoping that maybe there are members here that have had three or more homebirths that can relate to this feeling. I should by all accounts have more confidence in myself and my body, but the often used phrase 'no two births are alike' etc. has got me thinking anyway... apart from that i cant wait, though i think haveing three under three years old is going to be so hard, so if any of you have experience of either, multiple homebirths, or multiple children over a short space of time id love to hear how you are doing, the ups and downs, and hopefully some words of wisdom that will help me get through the next 8 months without losing my marbles, thanks, louisatasha x

Martina July 26th, 2009 05:44 PM

Re: More confident or more nervous with second third and subsequent homebirths?

hi
i just had my 3rd homebirth, and it was awesome!! only thing i worried was that baby would be breech lol. because it was my 5th baby and i never had any issues during pregnancy or birth, so i thought it was not possible to be that "lucky"
i had my 1st 4 kids within less than 5 years and it was hard sometimes but mostly real fun, hardest was going from 2 to 3 kids, after that it made no difference really

cre8tivem August 11th, 2009 12:05 PM

Re: More confident or more nervous with second third and subsequent homebirths?

I know what you mean, I've had 2 amazing at home water births with absolutly no complications. So I always feel nervous that I can't get that lucky again!