JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Where in your house? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1673969-where-your-house.html)

Twinkle August 17th, 2009 03:14 PM

Where in your house?

Where in your house do you plan on laboring and birthing? For those who have had a home birth, where did you labor and birth your baby? Was it where you planned?

Kelllilee August 17th, 2009 03:44 PM

Re: Where in your house?

I have a TINY house so this is a concern for me. I'm planning a waterbirth and most likely the tub will be set up in my dining room in front of the pantry (which we don't really use).

inyourhonor August 17th, 2009 05:07 PM

I have a small upstairs, my tub was set up smack dab in the middle of my living room. I couldn't put it in my basement because there is no bathroom down there and i had to pee, a lot. And there was NO WAY I was walking up a flight of stairs to pee!

Most of my laboring was in my living room, bathroom and my bedroom. Dane was born on land at the very end of my big couch. I used that to lean over while i pushed. My husband jokes that on his 1st birthday this November we're going to take him to see where he was born A mere few feet away haha. Funny enough, as I type this, he is standing against the exact same spot of the couch he was born.

tygrss August 17th, 2009 05:25 PM

I plan to set up the pool in the middle of the living room. It has hardwood floors so no carpet to mess up. Plus, it gives me easy access to the kitchen and a bathroom.

CameraLinds August 17th, 2009 05:59 PM

I labored all around our 2 br apartment. Started in the spare bedroom, when I was trying to sleep, couldn't sleep of course, then I kept jumping into the hot shower, then I was in the living room on the yoga ball for a bit, then I went to our bedroom and was on the yoga ball in there and then some on the toilet, and then I was in the birth pool that we set up in the dining room/living room. DS was born in the pool.

Twinkle August 17th, 2009 07:00 PM

I had two different plans... depending on the time of day I was in labor. If it was daytime, I wanted to give birth in my bedroom, with the tub upstairs as well. However if it was at night, I was going to labor and give birth in the living room. I figured that I wouldn't want to disturb my older two daughters at night. I ended up going to into hard active labor at about 11pm, so we set up the tub in the living room, and thats where Kate was born.

UrbanMomma August 19th, 2009 06:41 PM

I had three homebirths. DD #1 was born in the living room. DD#2 was born in the bathroom (I told them I didn't need to go!! LOL) and my youngest son was born in my bedroom. The bedroom was what I planned each time. Now we just moved from that house last month after 11 years of living there. The saddest thing was thinking about not being there where my babies had been born.

DoulaMama August 20th, 2009 09:47 AM

we'll be having the baby in our master suite... it has tile, a bed, a loveseat, and plenty of space for the tub, plus my jacuzzi tub is close by, and the toilet and shower are too. plus most of our home is raised up, and is over 45 yrs old... so I want to do it on the part that is on the slab, b/c those tubs are heavy.

lhug_nar August 20th, 2009 12:39 PM

Our house is TINY so I'm planning on having the pool in the living room and I have easy access to the bathroom and bedroom then too.

justjaQ August 22nd, 2009 03:57 PM

i am planning for my mom's living room. it is the most spacious room, and has tile floors. i would prefer to be outside, but in jan/feb, in detroit, i don't think so...

Del4 August 23rd, 2009 08:59 PM

I labored in the living room for most of it - on my birthing ball and in the rocking chair. Then I moved to the tub and transitioned there. Then I moved to the shower and gave birth there. Water got turned off when his head was out lol.