JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Was there ever a point... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1674642-there-ever-point.html)

Twinkle August 18th, 2009 08:23 AM

Was there ever a point...

In your pregnancy or during labor that you doubted your ability to have your baby at home? How did you deal with that?

inyourhonor August 18th, 2009 09:16 AM

Re: Was there ever a point...

Definitely yes, especially when I bled for a week straight when I was 35 weeks. That put me in the ER for a few hours and then on bedrest till the bleeding stopped. I got a lot of guff from the OB and nurses in the hospital. That made me question my ability.

There were parts of my delivery that I wanted her to break my water, I was pushing at that point. I am not one of those women who's water breaks and then goes into labor. I go into labor and my water breaks during pushing. So I wanted it broken and i wanted the drugs. However i only said these things to myself in my head. I didn't say it outloud.

_Brandy_ August 18th, 2009 09:57 AM

I didn't. I had 2 babies already before I had a homebirth so I felt very comfortable with it all.

soImarriedAnerd August 18th, 2009 01:25 PM

I had nightmares of things I saw while I was an L&D nurse---and for a few moments post-waking up I had thoughts of "what am I donig!" LOL, I listened to my pregnancy affirmations and fear release sessions (hypnobabies) and all was good again.

CameraLinds August 18th, 2009 05:39 PM

I only doubted it at 21 weeks when I lost my mucus plug and thought my baby was coming early, I was so worried, I knew then there would be no way I'd get my longed for homebirth.

ANd then again when I was 41 weeks, I had to get an NST done and I thought it was going to show low fluid levels and i'd be rushed to L&D and induced. Thankfully everything was fine!

Twinkle August 18th, 2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inyourhonor (Post 16989434)
Definitely yes, especially when I bled for a week straight when I was 35 weeks. That put me in the ER for a few hours and then on bedrest till the bleeding stopped. I got a lot of guff from the OB and nurses in the hospital. That made me question my ability.

There were parts of my delivery that I wanted her to break my water, I was pushing at that point. I am not one of those women who's water breaks and then goes into labor. I go into labor and my water breaks during pushing. So I wanted it broken and i wanted the drugs. However i only said these things to myself in my head. I didn't say it outloud.

Ditto that! And I definitely begged my midwife to break my water for me. With Julia's birth (a waterbirth at a birthing center with a midwife), my midwife broke my water at around 5 or 6 cm, it sent me right into transition and Julia was born about 40 minutes later, and I barely pushed. So when I hit transition with Kate... I was begging for my water to be broken, since I knew that when it was, she would be born quickly. Of course when my water broke she was born about 5 minutes later.