JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   introduction (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1767955-introduction.html)

geogeek November 10th, 2009 11:09 AM

introduction

I just wanted to come and say hello. I am Rachel. I don't have any children. I am a science teacher married to a scientist so we love to do research. I am not pregnant nor am I TTC at this point. I thought I would have had a child many years ago, but it just isn't time quite yet. DH and I have decided that we will be planning a home birth when we do get pregnant. We are scouting out out midwives right now. We think we have found the one that we hope to go with when the time comes. I know that my family and almost everyone else around me will be up in arms so I would like to have good comebacks when these issues come up or what I can do. Only DH and I know about it at this point and have no intentions of telling anyone until it comes up. I am hoping people will assume things and we won't tell anyone until after the birth. I don't know if that is the best idea, but it sounds easiest.

Martha83 November 10th, 2009 02:03 PM

Re: introduction

LOL sounds like a good idea to me! I may have to use that one! LOL

Twinkle November 10th, 2009 02:51 PM

Welcome to the board. I think its really awesome that you are doing all this research about your options and choices before you get pregnant, thats really great! Please stick around here, we always love having homebirth supporters posting with us. As for telling family and friends about your choices, I've found that I'm pretty selective who I tell. I told my parents and inlaws and a few friends who I knew wouldn't be judgmental. Everyone else found out about it after. No point in having that negativity ahead of time.

geogeek November 10th, 2009 04:57 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I am glad that me not telling people sounds like a good idea. It is nice to hear this from ladies with experience. My mom had me at home with a midwife. The only thing with telling her would be that it would mean I would tell the world. She had 5 in the hospital naturally before me.

I look forward to getting to know all of you wonderful ladies!

CameraLinds November 10th, 2009 07:03 PM

:Welcome:

WishingStar November 11th, 2009 05:35 AM

Welcome. I tell most people. If they give me crap, I just go on and on about how I have faith in my body to do what it's supposed to do. There are people I don't discuss it with. I've had four kids and all of them were natural, but they were in hospitals. I've always used midwives and have expressed my love of home births before. So, I think most people who know me are expecting it.

With that being said, I am going to an OB next week to recheck my placenta and I am dreading the home birth "talk".

inyourhonor November 11th, 2009 05:49 AM

Welcome!

I told a few select people, the most who knew were family. My mom had the hardest time with it and I guess at one point my MIL wanted to stop me but thankfully my SIL interjected and reminded her it was my body and my choice. I didn't find any of that out until after I had Dane haha.