JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   BTDT moms: Did your appearance change soon before labor? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1773038-btdt-moms-did-your-appearance-change-soon-before-labor.html)

jess5377 November 15th, 2009 08:16 AM

BTDT moms: Did your appearance change soon before labor?

Not really home birth related at all, but I figured I'd just ask in here.

For those of you who have done this before, did you find your appearance changed soon before labor? My mom keeps asking me if I look different? I keep asking her what she means and she keeps saying "you know, your face, your hair, your eyes, *you*, do you look different?"

And I feel like I've heard that before, that you kind of take on a different look in the days before labor starts, but is that just an old wive's tale? Anybody else hear that or experience that?

inyourhonor November 15th, 2009 08:28 AM

Re: BTDT moms: Did your appearance change soon before labor?

I know a few friends who's feet size changed but that was it.

I don't think any of my appearance changed since having my boys. Well, except stretchmarks haha. I also noticed that my hair takes longer to grow now than it did before my 2nd, who knows if thats related or not.

Kelllilee November 15th, 2009 10:43 AM

not that I've noticed...

Twhylite21 November 15th, 2009 05:04 PM

I don't think any part of my appearance changed before labor.

MrsPil November 15th, 2009 07:56 PM

Nope, not unless you count the fact that my eyelids were closed more often than they were open...

Martha83 November 15th, 2009 08:22 PM

I noticed my belly was lower (the "dropping" of the baby)...that's it though before labor started....

as far as how i've changed since having kids...well LOL....that is a whole other story

catherineclare November 15th, 2009 10:04 PM

I didn't notice a change in appearance, but about 4 hours before my water broke I got really nasty! We went to dinner so I could get some eggplant parmigiana and I snapped at the hostess and just sat throughout the meal complaining. My hubby and mom who were with me kept laughing at me because I was just saying crazy stuff...I honestly wasn't sure why I was instantly in a crazy bad mood. I came home started having bloody show then my water broke at midnight. So...not so much appearance, but my mood became horrible..lol

flitabout November 16th, 2009 04:32 PM

Past the baby dropping which felt weird not much change, DS was big and didn't have far to go, my girls never got that far.

jess5377 November 18th, 2009 11:50 AM

So, I asked my mom to elaborate on this whole thing and she just said "you know, *the look*, that look of a woman who's about to go but doesn't know it yet, *the look*, for pete's sake!" So, not very helpful.

I'm going to ask my midwife about this, see if she's heard this wive's tale before.

~*Bethy*~ November 18th, 2009 01:32 PM

LOL the look...way to describe it mom :lol: