JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Another Supplies Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1773862-another-supplies-question.html)

WishingStar November 16th, 2009 05:32 AM

Another Supplies Question

I've given birth 4 times, but in hospitals so all the supplies were there. I hate wearing pads of any kind, but the ones the hospitals used weren't too bad. They had these stretchable panties and they would put big pads in them. So, any idea what these undies or pads are called? Or what did y'all use?

Kelllilee November 16th, 2009 05:50 AM

Re: Another Supplies Question

my midwife supplies some depends... which I actually liked better than the mesh hospital ones...

inyourhonor November 16th, 2009 07:43 AM

Um yeah I gave into the depends and will only do that after each birth ahaha.

I used the depends and then my midwife would wet pads and then freeze them, so I'd use those as well as the depends.

Sk8ermaiden November 16th, 2009 09:42 AM

You can order the mesh panties from inhishands.com. They came in my birth kit.

Martha83 November 16th, 2009 02:41 PM

Depends is usually recommended...as for the "ice pack pads" that are oh so nice afterwards....soaking pads in witch hazel and then freezing them is supposed to be a god send!

inyourhonor November 16th, 2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha83 (Post 17996635)
Depends is usually recommended...as for the "ice pack pads" that are oh so nice afterwards....soaking pads in witch hazel and then freezing them is supposed to be a god send!

It is! I made my husband stock our freezer of what we had and they helped out with the swelling so much.

WishingStar November 16th, 2009 07:30 PM

So... just depends from the store? Are there different kinds? I've usually buy tampons for my periods and the hospital always sent me home with bags of Always. So, I've never bought pads, let alone adult diapers :) Is it a certain size? or overnight ones? Which are the best?

And for the pads to put in the freezer, are they these depends pads or regular Always type pads? Just soak them in witch hazel and put them in the freezer???

Thanks for all the help!

inyourhonor November 16th, 2009 08:31 PM

I sent my husband to the store for depends because I was having problems getting from bed to change the pads the first night. So I'm unsure. Im sure there are sizes on the packages and you'll just base it off that?

They're regular pads. He just soaked them then stuck them in the freezer and would get one when I needed it. He'd break it from being stiff and i'd stick it in the depends like it was a regular pad. I even doubled up.

CameraLinds November 16th, 2009 10:29 PM

Mesh panties and maternity pads
these are the ones we got in our birth kit
Everything Birth, Inc: Non-sterile OB pads
Everything Birth, Inc: Mesh Briefs

My DH made the frozen pads too. He used the OB pads soaked them in water, wrung them out and then wrapped each one individually in almumium foil and put in a freezer bag in the freezer.

Twinkle November 17th, 2009 10:39 AM

I loved the mesh panties with the frozen witch hazel pads. Soooo helpful!