JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Don't know if I'm going to make it. Water broke, still nothing. X-posted (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1786100-dont-know-if-im-going-to-make-water-broke-still-nothing-x-posted.html)

jess5377 November 27th, 2009 11:01 PM

Don't know if I'm going to make it. Water broke, still nothing. X-posted

So, I've technically been "in labor" since Sunday - labor being contractions that come at least every 20 minutes and don't stop. I've gotten some stretches of sleep in there, thankfully, but it's been hard (emotionally and physically).

This morning at about 4am, my water broke and some good labor started up (contractions every 3 minutes), but then....it slowed down again and it hasn't sped back up. I've been for walks, am taking herbs, had an acupuncturist over to the house, everything and anything and still nothing. It's now 11pm.

My midwives told me that as long as my fluid leaks are clear, the baby's doing well and I don't develop a temp, they'll let me keep going. To be honest? To be really, really honest? I was kind of secretly hoping they'd say something like "well, this baby has to be out in X number of of hours," so at least then I'd know, you know? I wouldn't be in this limbo for another 2, 3, 4 days.

I don't know if I can do it. I don't know how much longer I can hang on to this. Physically, I'm doing this, I'm powering through and I'm okay (heck, I even survived a castor oil attempt a couple of days ago :) ), but emotionally, I'm exhausted.

I feel like something's wrong with me. Why can't I just go into labor like other moms? Why can't I just have contractions that are regular and speed up and get strong and don't stop?

TeresaSuperMama November 28th, 2009 05:17 AM

Re: Don't know if I'm going to make it. Water broke, still nothing. X-posted

This is your first baby right? I think that it is pretty typical for the first one to take a little longer. I know my first was 10 days late and I was in labor for 26 hours. My second baby was 8 hours, 3rd-6th were all under 3 hours. Hang in there honey. Hopefully things will start moving along for you soon.

Alison79 November 28th, 2009 06:31 PM

I hope that by the time you are reading this you are already holding your sweet new baby. If not, don't be afraid to ask your midwives for emotional support, they are there for that too!

CameraLinds November 28th, 2009 11:35 PM

awww i'm so sorry! i sooo understand you!! :dothug: hope things progressed and your baby has arrived safe and sound! (My first baby was 12 days late and I was in labor for 26 hours)

Twinkle November 29th, 2009 12:02 PM

Oh hun, I definitely know how frustrating it is to be in that limbo state. Thats how I felt when I was approaching a week late, I went into labor, got to 5cm, then it completely stopped. It was so frustrating, not to know what was going on.... ((HUGS))

WishingStar December 1st, 2009 05:19 AM

My first was 14 days late and she took 23 hours of labor to finally come. Good luck!