JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Updating Online during labor.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1789898-updating-online-during-labor.html)

Twinkle December 1st, 2009 04:39 PM

Updating Online during labor..

Did you plan on (or are you) planning on updating your online friends and communities while you are in labor? Do you have someone lined up to update people?

Kelllilee December 1st, 2009 05:18 PM

Re: Updating Online during labor..

I started a chat room, but ended up not being able to update very well because the internet wouldn't work on my laptop and I didn't particularly feel like laboring in the 3' space by my desktop!! :lol:

But I had my DH and my sister post updates when they could. Thing went pretty fast so there wasn't much time for updating.

lhug_nar December 1st, 2009 07:10 PM

I plan on having someone update or I will update as things go but it will only be on JM that the updates will happen... After baby is born and after I'm feeling up to it, we'll update on FB.

WishingStar December 1st, 2009 07:37 PM

I plan on it. But, if not, no big deal. It won't be too long of a wait. I can't keep quiet long :D

Effervescence December 1st, 2009 07:46 PM

I'll be updating on FB for sure. Jonah was a hospital birth, and there was no internet there but DH kept friends and family updated via cell phones. Complete with pictures. I remember very vividly, in the middle of the contraction, shouting "put down the ***** phone and get me my ball!" (the birth ball) I was sooo mad at him LOL but later I was thankful that he had kept everyone up to date, he just needed to time it better and not be texting during my contractions.

So this time, we will be communicating online, but I think I will have to set up some base rules for it!

Alison79 December 2nd, 2009 08:35 AM

We posted that I was in labor but didn't update again until the baby arrived. It was a quick birth though :)

PixieQueen December 2nd, 2009 02:30 PM

I will be! We'll probably just run the cable into the bedroom for DH's laptop, so I can update from there. Hopefully it won't be a long labor, though at this point she's sitting sideways, so I see back labor in my future. But I remember being very chatty in between contractions, so until it's getting close to the actual delivery, I should be up to it!

TeresaSuperMama December 3rd, 2009 09:19 AM

Probably not because my labors are usually short, hard, and fast, but I will call my sister and have her update for me.

HappyHippy December 3rd, 2009 11:16 AM

Nope. Once in labor it's time to be focused and not bother with the internet. I will let people know of baby's arrival a few days after birth, after we get rest and are settled in.