JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   CPM or CNM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1805020-cpm-cnm.html)

inyourhonor December 14th, 2009 03:35 PM

CPM or CNM

Which one are/did/will you use(ing) for your home birth?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My midwife was a CPM. All the CNM's I found would only deliver in the hospital and didn't have a backing doctor for VBAC's.

Twinkle December 14th, 2009 04:33 PM

Re: CPM or CNM

I have two midwives, one is a CNM and the other is a CM. Both were present at my last birth... however if I go over 41 weeks this time, only the CM will be there for my birth. The CNM is planning on attending a conference in DC that starts on June 11. I'm due June 5.

Twhylite21 December 14th, 2009 04:41 PM

My midwives are both CPMs and LMs (licensed midwives). All of the CNMs here deliver at the hospitals only. Lily was delivered by a CNM at the hospital.

Kelllilee December 14th, 2009 05:32 PM

mine was a CPM, not a whole lot of choice around here otherwise :)

flitabout December 14th, 2009 05:39 PM

cpm

TeresaSuperMama December 14th, 2009 07:16 PM

Mine is a CNM. Almost all the CNMs here only do hospital births. Because of my history of hemorrhaging I was so relieved to find one that did homebirths. The CPM I contacted wouldn't see me because of my history and for me I think a CNM would be the only way I could do a homebirth. I had once considered an UC, but I am such a bad bleeder that I don't think I am a good candidate for it.

flamingpeachfish December 14th, 2009 08:41 PM

The only homebirth midwife here is a CNM, strangely enough, so that's who we're going with. Luckily she's awesome! My first home birth was with a CPM, and honestly, I can't really tell a difference in the way they do things...

lhug_nar December 14th, 2009 09:51 PM

CPM

WishingStar December 15th, 2009 07:29 AM

I think mine is an LM. My past four births were with CNMs in hospitals.

Owl December 16th, 2009 09:24 AM

I have one in mind who is a CNM. I haven't done a lot of checking into specific people yet.

~Jackie December 16th, 2009 09:31 AM

Mine was a CNM, the same one for both kids however I did a homebirth with Nola. The only other option is a lay midwife that was a candidate for my last birth but I didn't mesh well with her techniques. I'm not sure what I'm doing for the next child... I have no clue what to do.

Alison79 December 16th, 2009 02:08 PM

CPM

CameraLinds December 16th, 2009 06:13 PM

Mine were LM & CPM

If we have a baby in the UK while we're there...she is an RM

HappyHippy December 17th, 2009 02:35 PM

Mine is a TM- Traditional Midwife. She has the same CPM training, and I believe use to be a nurse. But she perfers TM as she is into holistic care.