JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Prenatal testing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1805492-prenatal-testing.html)

TeresaSuperMama December 15th, 2009 03:45 AM

Prenatal testing

Is there any (or all) prenatal tests that you are not going to get done?

Twinkle December 15th, 2009 04:20 AM

Re: Prenatal testing

I won't be doing any other than the 20 week ultrasound. I skipped it all with my pregnancy with Kate as well. For my other two births, the only test I got done was the GD testing.

Oh I almost forgot, I will do the GBS test but if its positive, I wouldn't automatically have the antibiotics.

~Jackie December 15th, 2009 06:12 AM

I did the 20wk ultrasound and reluctantly did the GBS testing, next time I'll only get the ultrasound.

TeresaSuperMama December 15th, 2009 06:59 AM

The only thing I am having done is the initial pregnancy panel and that is just for my midwives use.

WishingStar December 15th, 2009 07:18 AM

Since being with my midwife, the only thing I've done is the ultrasound. Not sure about the GBS yet.

lhug_nar December 15th, 2009 07:42 AM

I did the first blood testing, 15 week ultrasound and will do the GBS test. I need to talk to my midwives to see what my options are for GBS if I do test positive... I've never tested positive before though.

catherineclare December 15th, 2009 01:04 PM

With this little guy I got the 20 week ultrasound, the GD test and the GBS test. Tested negative for both.

Alison79 December 15th, 2009 01:21 PM

I do the 20 weeks sono, the GBS testing and my midwife does a random blood sugar check around 27 weeks but not a full GD screen so I do that.

CameraLinds December 15th, 2009 04:08 PM

I had an u/s at 5weeks due to fertility meds with the RE. The initial basic blood work at 14w when I started seeing the MW and again every 3 months due to Rh- to check for antibodies, an U/S at 21weeks due to lost mucus plug and one at 41weeks for being post due. A basic blood sugar test at 28weeks, I believe and had the GBS swap done at 34 weeks I believe.

Lonomia December 15th, 2009 05:43 PM

I will be having a 20 week u/s and the GBS test.

HappyHippy December 17th, 2009 02:38 PM

Initial blood work, 20 week u/s, GBS testing and my urine is always checked. I won't do the GD or any of the genetics testing done on baby.

moon~maiden December 17th, 2009 03:38 PM

My midwife doesn't do any testing unless you request it. So far I did get my levels checked through my PCD because I was cramping for a week. My levels were really high.

we won't do any genetic testing, and she doesn't do the GD test either. I bet she doesn't do the GS test either.

we will do an u/s after 20 weeks, she doesn't recommend any but leaves the choice up to you.