JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Birth Photographer (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1859887-birth-photographer.html)

marialena February 2nd, 2010 01:50 PM

Birth Photographer

We want to have someone take pictures at this home birth. The last time I didn't know how I would feel so I didn't want any extra bodies around. I want some really nice tasetful pictures that capture the moments especially since this will be the last time I give birth.

If you had someone taking pictures at your birth how did you go about finding that person and deciding to use them?

lhug_nar February 2nd, 2010 02:58 PM

Re: Birth Photographer

Our friend who is a photographer is going to come and take pictures for us...

Alison79 February 2nd, 2010 04:43 PM

I have several friends who do birth photography so it was an easy decision. I'd do a search for your area and meet with a few photographers to see who you click with :)

Mommy2Amara&Kayori February 2nd, 2010 09:59 PM

I wanted really nice photos too! but I couldn't afford a photographer and I don't know any either, so I asked my sister to take pics for me. I showed her pics of homebirths on the internet that I really liked to give her an idea of what I was hoping for, she took awesome pics, and I hope she takes them for me again this time too

Twinkle February 3rd, 2010 09:19 AM

I have a friend who is a local professional photographer. I asked her if she would do it. She's never done birth photography before, so she's giving me a great deal in exchange for me being in her portfolio.

HappyHippy February 3rd, 2010 09:55 AM

We're having DH's aunts attend our birth to take pictures and videotape the birth.

marialena February 8th, 2010 08:32 AM

well, we're still working on finding options... when i have my midwife appointment I am going to aske her if she knows anyone. Looks like birth photographers around here start at about 800-1000 then it is additional for photographs... i just want all the digital files so this could prove difficult for me :(

Twinkle February 8th, 2010 09:11 AM

Good luck! Definitely ask your midwife, as well as any local doulas or any other home birthing mamas.

GranolaMamaOf3 February 8th, 2010 09:54 PM

I am hoping my sister will be able to attend this birth, in which case I will have her take the pics (she loves photography, and has a really nice camera), but I'm not sure if that is going to be possible...if not, I will just have someone else take random pics.

I hope you find someone who is reasonable!

Btw- I didn't realize you where expecting again! Congrats! When are you due?

marialena February 17th, 2010 09:07 AM

So I think we may have found someone, she is also a doula and has had two homebirths herself. She is about $1300 but I get all the original pictures and the rights to print them. We are bardering with our midwife for painting so we can use the money we are saving to pay for the photographer.

Heather- I was suprised to see you are pregnant again too, so exciting! I am due September 15th or so. I am glad you will be able to have a homebirth this time, I am sure you will absolutly love it.

GranolaMamaOf3 February 17th, 2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marialena (Post 19088509)
So I think we may have found someone, she is also a doula and has had two homebirths herself. She is about $1300 but I get all the original pictures and the rights to print them. We are bardering with our midwife for painting so we can use the money we are saving to pay for the photographer.

Heather- I was suprised to see you are pregnant again too, so exciting! I am due September 15th or so. I am glad you will be able to have a homebirth this time, I am sure you will absolutly love it.

Thank you, we are SO excited, and determined! (we haven't decided which midwife we're going to use yet, but I have gotten some good recommendations!)
I love the new pic in your siggy! She is getting so big!

GranolaMamaOf3 February 17th, 2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marialena (Post 19088509)

Thank you, we are SO excited, and determined! (we haven't decided which midwife we're going to use yet, but I have gotten some good recommendations!)
I love the new pic in your siggy! Moriah is getting so big!