JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Tgif! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1863723-tgif.html)

Twinkle February 5th, 2010 11:41 AM

Tgif!

The weekend is upon us! What are some of your plans for the weekend?

danischmell February 5th, 2010 01:08 PM

Re: Tgif!

tonight I'm going to a class on making the perfect chocolate dipped strawberries. i'm more interested in eating them than making them but I figure there will be plenty of samples there, lol.
tomorrow we're having some friends over for dinner
Sunday I'm going to two baby blessings for friends who planned them on the same day, I'm just glad it wasn't at the same time.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori February 5th, 2010 10:17 PM

I am meeting with a midwife tomorrow for a consult, I hope I like her, she is really my only choice for a homebirth, otherwise I will be checking out birth centers

Twinkle February 6th, 2010 04:30 AM

Jenny, is this the same m/w you used before? If not, is she not available?

And chocolate covered strawberries?!?! Yummy! I'm jealous!

Mommy2Amara&Kayori February 6th, 2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkle (Post 18948932)
Jenny, is this the same m/w you used before? If not, is she not available?

It is a different midwife. My last one moved back to the states and is about 2.5 hours away from me. She said she is still doing births but she is no longer accepting medicaid and we can not afford a home birth. She told me about a midwife that was closer to me and said she accepts medicaid. This midwife is only an hour away. I am really hoping I like her. I have to pay $500 on the first appointment which is going to be hard, but thats way cheaper then $2400 or more. It is supposed to cover the birth assistant fee, but it is non refundable. I think if I choose to go with her, I am going to see if I can wait until I am 12 weeks along for my first appointment with her, I am just worried about paying $500 just to miscarry or something. I don't want to think that would happen or anything. Anyways I just really hope I like her and that things go well.

Twhylite21 February 6th, 2010 12:48 PM

I have no big plans at all. I took Lily to run errands this morning (library, mall and grocery store) and am kinda hoping DH wants to eat out tonight. I've been craving sushi lately and really really want to go. It's weird because when not pregnant I love the raw fish sushi, but when I'm pregnant the thought of raw grosses me out so I always get cooked anyway. I already told DH that my first meal after the baby is born should be some raw sushi though.

inyourhonor February 6th, 2010 01:08 PM

Packing and taking it easy. I should be doing nothing but theres too much to do that i need to help with what I can do while sitting.

danischmell February 6th, 2010 01:21 PM

i LOVE sushi! When I was pregnant with my first I would still indulge from time to time. My midwife said that as long as I went to a reputable place and avoided the fish with too much mercury that it would be fine, and hey, fish is good for babies. Omega 3's and all. :) This time I've eaten it twice and each time afterwards felt like crap.. so I haven't really wanted it much since then. I dont know that it had anything do with the sushi.. in fact both times I wasn't feeling awesome before I ate it anyway... but something in my head links the two now and I'm not in the mood like I was. Last time everytime DH asked me what I wanted for dinner I'd say sushi, lol.