JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Homebirth after 2 Cesareans? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1869257-homebirth-after-2-cesareans.html)

blessdmommy February 10th, 2010 09:14 AM

Homebirth after 2 Cesareans?

I just had my 2nd son via c/s 6 weeks ago...so we're not ttc any time soon. I just want to do my research so we can make a decision and plan accordingly.

Has anyone ever had a home birth (assisted/unassisted) after having had 2 cesareans? I'd love to read your stories!

Any links on info about it?

inyourhonor February 10th, 2010 09:16 AM

Re: Homebirth after 2 Cesareans?

I had a home birth after 1 c-section. I know of women who have had HBA2C and even HBA3C. So its quite possible!

Here is a link that might help you, it has links to birth stories on it as well
Vaginal birth after two or more caesareans

blessdmommy February 10th, 2010 09:19 AM

Thanks so much for the link. :)

^RaineDrop^ February 10th, 2010 12:40 PM

Make sure you check with your state laws regarding Midwife acceptable deliveries. It may be legal in your state but there's tons of legal loop holes you could fall victim to should something freak happen. Or even not so freak, if anyone wanted to they could cause trouble. Not to scare you! Just be sure to find out EVERYTHING :)

Twinkle February 10th, 2010 02:38 PM

I have a few friends locally who have had HBA2C. Its certainly possible.

blessdmommy February 10th, 2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^RaineDrop^ (Post 19004555)
Make sure you check with your state laws regarding Midwife acceptable deliveries. It may be legal in your state but there's tons of legal loop holes you could fall victim to should something freak happen. Or even not so freak, if anyone wanted to they could cause trouble. Not to scare you! Just be sure to find out EVERYTHING :)

Good point. I know that it's legal here to have a home birth (next door neighbor had her baby at home in November) and I already know the midwife we'd use (if she was okay with the whole HB2C thing). But I don't know if something were to happen, what the legal consequences would be on my part.

^RaineDrop^ February 12th, 2010 03:14 PM

Yeah, things can happen, but that's true for anywhere you give birth. The thing of it is, doctors and hospitals and therefore in large part the government, don't really get anything out of you having a homebirth. So anything they can do to stop it.... Or make your midwife pay for it afterwards! Twins, breech, VBAC is legal here for midwifery practices but when anything goes 'wrong' people find ways to screw those involved, as innocent as they are. Ugh don't get me started... lol