JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   What did you do with the placenta? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1884190-what-did-you-do-placenta.html)

Twhylite21 February 22nd, 2010 02:15 PM

What did you do with the placenta?

I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do with the placenta. Right now I'm in between encapsulating it and just burying it/planting a tree over it. What did you/will you do with yours?

PixieQueen February 22nd, 2010 04:08 PM

Re: What did you do with the placenta?

We planted a pear tree over Tanith's and an apple tree over my loss. I think we're planting a nut tree of some kind over Tesla's, but for now it resides in the freezer, waiting.

lilflower February 22nd, 2010 04:20 PM

I'm encapsulating after doing a few prints :) I'm super happy about it!

oriel13 February 22nd, 2010 04:27 PM

I want to encapsulate it but don't know how I'll pull that off with so many people staying at my house during and after the baby is born. I really don't want to deal with the stares and comments. I'll have family around for at least 3 weeks after the fact so it will be a while before I get enough privacy to do it myself.

I won't bother with planting anything since we're in a rental, so I guess at this point I'm undecided.

HappyHippy February 23rd, 2010 07:47 AM

I'm encapsulating mine.

lilflower February 23rd, 2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oriel13 (Post 19163629)
I want to encapsulate it but don't know how I'll pull that off with so many people staying at my house during and after the baby is born. I really don't want to deal with the stares and comments. I'll have family around for at least 3 weeks after the fact so it will be a while before I get enough privacy to do it myself.

I won't bother with planting anything since we're in a rental, so I guess at this point I'm undecided.

Sometimes you can enlist your midwife to do it.

Lonomia February 23rd, 2010 08:43 AM

I preserved Thuya's with sea salt and lavender flowers. I don't know what I want to do with it otherwise so that is the state it will stay in for now. I will do the same thing with the new baby.

laisydaisymama February 23rd, 2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oriel13 (Post 19163629)

I'm kind of in the same place.....I haven't decided yet, and when I brought up encapsulating it to my mom last night I thought she was going to puke.

Twinkle February 23rd, 2010 09:33 AM

I think I might encapsulate it. I would ideally like to find someone else to do it for me. I plan on talking to my midwife about it next time. I have suffered from PPD after Kate's birth and Lily's... and if there is something I can do to prevent it, I want to try.

inyourhonor February 23rd, 2010 05:05 PM

Dane's is currently waiting for the ground to thaw so we can plant it. We didn't own the house he was born in and I wanted to keep it with me at the house we are buying. A better connection since we have moved out of the house he was born in, something to take with me. I am still having a hard time leaving that house.

Aeterna February 23rd, 2010 06:24 PM

Mine is in my freezer waiting to be encapsulated.

WendyBird February 27th, 2010 07:25 AM

I have a good dehydrator, so I plan to encapsulate mine. I don't care what family says, it's for me not them.

Kelllilee February 27th, 2010 09:36 AM

not sure yet... it's still sitting in our freezer

GranolaMamaOf3 February 27th, 2010 07:15 PM

I am seriously considering encapsulating it, but I'm still undecided.

CameraLinds February 28th, 2010 05:06 AM

we encusplated it best choice ever. no PPD totally helped!

soImarriedAnerd March 1st, 2010 10:41 PM

I encapsulated it... Loved it! Trying to Bring a Dream to Life: DIY -Placenta Encapsulation steps for at home