JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   story about unassisted homebirth on msnbc.com (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1884422-story-about-unassisted-homebirth-msnbc-com.html)

moon~maiden February 22nd, 2010 05:55 PM

story about unassisted homebirth on msnbc.com

thought you ladies would find this interesting

More women choose do-it-yourself births - Pregnancy- msnbc.com

Twinkle February 23rd, 2010 07:06 AM

Re: story about unassisted homebirth on msnbc.com

thanks for sharing!

Earthy.Mama February 23rd, 2010 07:09 AM

lilflower February 23rd, 2010 07:50 AM

I really liked it!

PixieQueen February 23rd, 2010 03:36 PM

Did you read the discussion section? There are some serious weirdos with no lives out there! Comment #7 was some guy ranting about the evil of sex and childbirth, and how Drs are the minions of Satan by 'helping'. :lol: It was an okay article. I personally think it wasn't in-depth enough.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori February 23rd, 2010 09:25 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieQueen (Post 19179882)
Did you read the discussion section? There are some serious weirdos with no lives out there! Comment #7 was some guy ranting about the evil of sex and childbirth, and how Drs are the minions of Satan by 'helping'. :lol: It was an okay article. I personally think it wasn't in-depth enough.

I read some of the discussion section too, I agree some weirdos with no lives.

sodagirl February 24th, 2010 09:05 PM

I was a bit annoyed by the doctor's respose to the canadian study - it compared lowrisk home birth with a midwife to lowrisk hospital birth with a midwife to lowrisk hospital birth with a doctor. He implied that the hospital had higher risk women - so that's why the result were worse - when in fact the study very very deliberately corrected for that. Sigh. (if they hadn't the result would have been Hugely in favor of HB not just slightly)

tygrss February 25th, 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodagirl (Post 19200301)
I was a bit annoyed by the doctor's respose to the canadian study - it compared lowrisk home birth with a midwife to lowrisk hospital birth with a midwife to lowrisk hospital birth with a doctor. He implied that the hospital had higher risk women - so that's why the result were worse - when in fact the study very very deliberately corrected for that. Sigh. (if they hadn't the result would have been Hugely in favor of HB not just slightly)

Right! I wondered if he had even READ the study because he clearly was off base.

Adam&Kaydence'sMommy February 25th, 2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodagirl (Post 19200301)

:ditto: And don't you just love some of the scare tactics the doctors in the article try to use?