JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Are you loud or quiet? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1885067-you-loud-quiet.html)

Twinkle February 23rd, 2010 07:15 AM

Are you loud or quiet?

During birth? If you haven't given birth yet, do you think you'll be move vocal, or more quiet?

Kelllilee February 23rd, 2010 07:26 AM

Re: Are you loud or quiet?

My first two labors I was completely silent except for some talking between contractions prior to transition, and a bit of noise during pushing. My last... not so quiet. Although my mom says she could barely hear me, I felt like I was being loud, humming through contractions. I was much more vocal and ambulatory with my last birth - totally unexpected.

HappyHippy February 23rd, 2010 07:50 AM

I'm silent. I go into myself and focus on my body.

lilflower February 23rd, 2010 08:15 AM

I was quiet with my DD, but got louder when it came to pushing...so I don't really know what to expect this time.

Twinkle February 23rd, 2010 09:39 AM

I'm pretty quiet, until I get to transition. Then I just beg for the pain to stop and tell my midwife I changed my mind, I want to go to the hospital and have an epidural. LOL Isn't that awful?!? I'm really hoping not to be so whiney this time around.

laisydaisymama February 23rd, 2010 09:51 AM

I have a tendency to moan/hum through contractions. It's not a conscious thing, and I didn't even know I did it until I was attending a friends birth as her doula, and DH called me. While I was on the phone with him, she was moaning through a contraction and he asked why we all make that same noise lol. I was like, "what noise?" :lol:

tygrss February 23rd, 2010 11:24 AM

I do a deep moan/hum until pushing when I get higher-pitched and louder.

Twhylite21 February 23rd, 2010 11:42 AM

I was super quiet with Lily until I started pushing. Then the energy in the room got so high that I would scream when I was pushing even though I wasn't in pain. I'd actually apologize after every push to everyone for the screaming. Everyone was laughing at me :p

inyourhonor February 23rd, 2010 04:44 PM

I hummed during contractions before transition. When I hit transition I wasn't so quiet. I tried but when Jason kept telling me to breathe I told him to shut up. I know I was louder when I was pushing because my waters hadn't broken yet and ugh.

Aeterna February 23rd, 2010 06:09 PM

My demeanor doesn't really change in labor. With my last baby, I was talking to my mom on the phone when contractions started. They were coming about every 2 minutes. I was relaying details back to her and talking about how impatient I was as I didn't think I was in labor yet at the time. I was getting really frustrated because it didn't seem like anything was really happening. He was born 15 minutes after I called my mom.

When it really, really hit, I said: "I feel pressure," "I'm not trying to" in response to midwife saying not to push and "He's coming."

Sk8ermaiden February 23rd, 2010 06:13 PM

OK, I'll be the one. I was quite loud! I was making an effort to keep my voice low, but it wasn't quiet!! My labor was very fast for a first time mom (4 hours) and really intense.

CameraLinds February 24th, 2010 04:36 AM

i was pretty quiet. if i made noise it was either a comment or moaning/grunning primatal noises. I never screamed.

Alison79 February 24th, 2010 07:01 AM

I am quiet but I prefer my surrounding to be filled with people talking while I have contractions so I have something else to think about :lol:

WendyBird February 27th, 2010 07:15 AM

I was doing this open mouthed, humm, groan, grunt, thing. It got louder as I got closer to birth. But in between each contraction I would lay down and almost fall asleep.