JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Home Birth in Missouri (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1890337-home-birth-missouri.html)

WendyBird February 27th, 2010 06:15 AM

Home Birth in Missouri

Hey everyone. I'm not pregnant, and can't be so for quite some time (DH is deployed), but I plan on doing a hbavba2c for my next pregnancy. DH got orders to Fort Leonardwood, and we'll be there for a year starting in December. So, I'm wondering about the home birthing environment in MO. I know CPM are now legal there, so that's good. But I want to know how hard it is to find a midwife, and what the average cost is. Are there rules about VBAC's?

Anyone had a home birth while living on base housing? Is it a pain getting the midwife on base?

Twinkle February 27th, 2010 06:17 AM

Re: Home Birth in Missouri

I have absolutely no experience with the military or that part of the country, so unfortunately I can't offer you any advice! I'm sorry!

I did want to welcome you to the board, and I hope someone else can chime in and give you some information!

WendyBird February 27th, 2010 06:25 AM

Thanks! I look forward to some responses. I'm going to search the board, and see if I can find anything as well.

Nightkd March 1st, 2010 02:02 PM

I am not much use...but I'm in Oklahoma and planning a homebirth. The mw I'm looking at is charging $2300 flat rate for prenatal/birth/postnatal care. Defo worth doing some googling and seeing if there are any recommended midwives in the area - I started emailing the mw we're considering and she was able to provide me with some information. :)

x

laisydaisymama March 1st, 2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WendyD (Post 19233343)
hbavba2c

lol that took me a second to dissect!

no clue about the MO thing, I would just get online, check out ican.org, you should find great info and midwives!

my midwife charges $2500 for prenatal care/birth/newborn/postnatal care.

oriel13 March 1st, 2010 05:23 PM

I'm having mine on base, and all I have to do is call to let the gate know that she's coming. Then she has to get a visitor's pass (basically just sign on with her license and registration) and come on over. She and my doula will both be coming out for the 36 week appointment so they'll already know the way.

I live in a big military town and my midwife and doula both said they've attended many births on the bases and post here without any issues.

I don't know anything about MO midwives, but my midwife charges $3400 for everything (she also gives a military and cash pay discount).

~*Bethy*~ March 1st, 2010 08:34 PM

Im not a military wife, but I too am having a HBA2C. Glad you joined our board :)

~Beth