JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Nesting! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1922206-nesting.html)

Twinkle March 26th, 2010 10:40 AM

Nesting!

Boy am I nesting.... its getting kinda ridiculous too!

For instance last night, all the baby clothes needed to be washed, dried and put away. It had to be done last night and could not have possibly waited another day.

I have 10 weeks till my due date. Why am I so insane?!?!?

CameraLinds March 26th, 2010 11:11 AM

Re: Nesting!

go you!! wanna come over and do my laundry???? :lol:

Twinkle March 26th, 2010 11:45 AM

Sure, right after I paint the nursery. Seriously, I want it painted now. I taped the whole room, so its ready... but my MIL wants to do it, and I've asked her to do it next week when I'm out of town. Why the sudden anxiety that I want it done today? Don't I know how much of a mess that would be especially with my 3 little helpers??

Effervescence March 26th, 2010 11:48 AM

I'm doing the same thing. DH came home yesterday and said "I don't think the apartment has ever been so clean... you know it's just cable guys coming tomorrow, right?" We had some of FIL's employees come to the house today to install a new phone system his company is testing. I didn't care if it was just cable guys, I NEEDED to clean. I cleaned the toilet at midnight.... MIDNIGHT.

But I think a big reason is because I'm so stressed about Jonah. He's been crying non stop since Monday. I can't do anything to help him, he won't let me touch him or comfort him, so I think it is also manifesting itself into cleaning.

Oh, and I got that way with Jonah's room being painted. When I hit about 30 weeks, I just said "no, it needs done NOW." I wouldn't wait for my dad and brother to come and help, I knew I could get it done before they got there. Well they found a half exhausted pregnant lady sitting on the floor with a paint roller crying, and covered in blue paint LOL. They were SO MAD. All I had to do was wait a couple hours for them to get there!

So take it easy and try to wait for your MIL to help LOL

Twinkle March 26th, 2010 12:11 PM

That totally sounds like me! I get in painting fits whenever I'm pregnant. I remember with Lily, I was 36 weeks pregnant and painting the bathroom at midnight. With Julia we moved when I was about 30 weeks and I painted 3 rooms in one day.... With Kate's pregnancy I repainted those same rooms one weekend.

I've got the painting bug, but am seriously trying to hold off!!

sodagirl March 26th, 2010 09:09 PM

LOL I hear you. I was reorganizing my whole living room 2 weeks ago. I keep cleaning (and seriously - me? cleaning?) I've been washing and folding baby clothes (and all other soft items in the house) grooming my poor cat obsessively. Dragging around things far to heavy for me to move. It's a really crazy instinct!

HappyHippy March 27th, 2010 09:54 AM

I first nested at 20 weeks with this baby. I cleaned everything, eventhough my back was killing me. I've been slowly nesting again, but the pains I have in my pelvis kind of stop me from getting a lot done at once. I'm almost 37 weeks. With my first I nested so bad I cleaned the walls at 5 am.

Twhylite21 March 27th, 2010 01:51 PM

I nested early this time as well. With Lily I wanted everything ready by 35 weeks and then I'd clean in the middle of the night as well. At least everything will be ready!