JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   almost afraid to post this (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1987828-almost-afraid-to-post.html)

Effervescence May 23rd, 2010 09:19 PM

almost afraid to post this

It seems like we have a consistent pattern!!! Contractions are every nine minutes, and not too strong (I can still talk through them with concentration) but not painless either. FINGERS CROSSED! I called the midwife around 10:00 to let her know what is going on, because I didn't want to wake her out of the blue at 3:00am if there is something about to happen, and she said it sounds like I'm for sure in labor, and if she doesn't hear from me tonight then she'll call in the morning.

Pllllleeeeeease don't let this peter out. I hate the "always guessing" game. I'm so ready to meet this little girl :D They've been nine minutes for more than an hour though, so I'm wondering if my body is still playing tricks

Alison79 May 23rd, 2010 09:38 PM

Re: almost afraid to post this

Sending you lots of gentle birthing thoughts. Update when you can!

CameraLinds May 24th, 2010 02:17 AM

Hope this is it for you! KUP when you can! ELVs!! :)

Effervescence May 24th, 2010 05:08 AM

ugh, I'm so frustrated! They were getting pretty strong and close together around 3am (every three to four minutes) I thought for sure this has to be labor. It was getting very painful. I went back to sleep, woke up 20 minutes ago, and haven't had a single contraction. Just cramping again. What gives? Maybe sleeping staved it off for a while?

I think I'm going to tell DH to go to work at this point.

I did have a dream that I had the baby. She was HUGE. a little over 10 lbs, but she looked much bigger. And we couldn't remember the name we had chosen (Evelyn) so we named her Haley instead LOL It was such a real dream though, when I woke up I panicked that I couldn't find my baby, and then realized it was a dream, but I had to check if I was bleeding before I was sure it really had been a dream.

GranolaMamaOf3 May 24th, 2010 06:49 AM

Aww sorry! I hope things pick back up for you, and you are holding EVELYN soon!;)

CameraLinds May 24th, 2010 09:01 AM

aww i'm sorry :( hope it picks back up

BobbityBoo May 24th, 2010 09:23 AM

Oh that stinks! I bet it will pick back up soon again though! That is more progress than me! I haven't even had a BH in a few days... looks like you might beat me! :D

Twinkle May 24th, 2010 11:09 AM

I hope that you were able to get some rest!! ((HUGS)) I know how hard early labor signs can be!

BobbityBoo May 25th, 2010 11:27 AM

Any update??

Effervescence May 25th, 2010 01:21 PM

Still nothing. Had a MW appointment today. Jonah is screaming now though (dog woke him up from nap before he was ready) so I'll post about it later tonight after he goes to bed. In short, we don't think anything is going to happen until next week- she's in too bad of a position for labor now (two weeks ago she was in the perfect position ugh!)

Anyway, Jonah is walking around the house screaming and pulling down whatever he can, so i gotta go LOL