JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Midwife Appointment Today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/1990072-midwife-appointment-today.html)

Effervescence May 25th, 2010 06:51 PM

Midwife Appointment Today

So after Sunday's episode, I was anxious for today's appointment. I told the midwife I was mad LOL She reminded me about groundlessness and understanding that I am not in control over when labor begins etc, so I need to just be patient and be in the moment. She's right, but it's still frustrating LOL

We talked a lot about why labor seems to start and then stop. She said a lot of times it is just because the baby isn't in the right position. The mother's body says "okay it's time to give this a try" but the baby just isn't there yet. She felt around my belly and said the baby has a lot of room to move around still. I've been feeling the baby roll a LOT, and she will be on my right side for a while and then move to the left for a while. I think this is the most frustrating for me, because before she was right where she needed to be, and the midwife had said to expect a quick labor because everything seemed to be perfect conditions. Then the baby moved :( Oh well.

We made an appointment for June 1st. If I don't have the baby by then, she said we might need to start thinking about getting this baby motivated.

OH! And my GBS test came back negative this time, so I'm just going to keep up my garlic and yogurt diet (DH is thrilled LOL) and we won't need antibiotics like we thought! So that is good news

laisydaisymama May 25th, 2010 07:52 PM

Re: Midwife Appointment Today

well....yay for the negative test!

Have you been to the chiropractor? My midwife sent a client to my chiropractor a couple of weeks ago, she had been back and forth with pre labor for a couple of days also. She got adjusted at 5pm and made an appt to come back the next afternoon.....the dr's office got a call canceling her next appt, she had already had the baby! so about 14 hours after getting adjusted, she delivered her baby.

just a thought.... ;)

Effervescence May 25th, 2010 08:20 PM

She mentioned the chiropractor as one of the options we will talk about if I'm still pregnant at our next appointment. I've heard good things about accupressure too. I'm too phobic of needles to do accupuncture though. I'm not sure what other options we would discuss- I won't do castor oil either. She did say we might have to do a medical induction as a last resort, but she didn't dwell on it. I think she was just mentioning it as a "just in case" sorta thing. I know she cannot deliver a baby past 42 weeks, so it's a possibility that I might need to be prepared for.

Twinkle May 26th, 2010 04:39 PM

I'm glad your appointment went well. I know all too well about early/prodromal labor when it comes to getting baby into a favorable position. Try not to get too discouraged, I have a feeling labor might be closer than you think!!! I'm very excited for you!!