JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Should i contact my midwife now?UPDATED (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2074777-should-i-contact-my-midwife-now-updated.html)

bre4thewin August 16th, 2010 01:37 PM

Should i contact my midwife now?UPDATED

Im afariad of jinxing myself because i know visiting with her will get me so excited! I had a mc at 6 weeks so i was going to wait till after then, but i kinda want to call her now! eap! what should i do ladies?

I met with her today! It was great. We talked a lot about my MC in may, and the Brewers diet im on to try to make sure my GD doesnt come back! My first official appt is Sept 21! yay! Thanks for all your input ladies!

Alison79 August 16th, 2010 03:04 PM

Re: Should i contact my midwife now?

I let my midwife know right away but I didn't have my first appointment until 10 weeks. I know my midwife only takes a few births a month so I didn't want to risk having her be full.

bre4thewin August 16th, 2010 04:36 PM

ya...think im going ot call tomorrow.

Tiff802 August 16th, 2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison79 (Post 21211844)
I let my midwife know right away but I didn't have my first appointment until 10 weeks. I know my midwife only takes a few births a month so I didn't want to risk having her be full.

That's exactly why I contacted mine right away. Just a little, "Hey, keep a slot open in April for me!" :)

CameraLinds August 17th, 2010 04:05 AM

That's what I did too.

inyourhonor August 17th, 2010 07:17 AM

Yup, same thing I did :)

bre4thewin August 17th, 2010 08:04 AM

I just called her....she screamed. lol. She said she was waiting to hear from me again and she is sooooo excited for me! yay! Im going in to chit chat with her on Thursday!

inyourhonor August 17th, 2010 08:51 AM

Yay! Let us know how it goes :)

Sassafrass August 17th, 2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison79 (Post 21211844)

This! :) Best of luck!

GranolaMamaOf3 August 17th, 2010 10:39 AM

Good for you! I'm glad you went ahead and called. I know with mine, she doesn't set up the first prenatal appt until 10-12 weeks, but it's never a bad idea to touch base before then;)

Twinkle August 17th, 2010 12:57 PM

I'm glad you called. i did the same thing this time around, called right away but didn't see her till about 11 weeks.

cheezpoofs August 17th, 2010 06:00 PM

I called right after I found out at about four and a half weeks. I'll meet with the midwife for our first appointment next Monday right before I hit nine weeks.

hiskid1324 August 19th, 2010 05:37 PM

I called my midwife (also a friend) the day I got my positive test.... which was like... at 4 weeks pregnant, and then I didn't have an official appointment until February, at which point I was like 5 months-ish?

CameraLinds August 20th, 2010 02:35 AM

Re: Should i contact my midwife now?UPDATED

Glad you called and met with her! :D

myfavoriteshoes August 20th, 2010 10:45 AM

I called this am and I'm not even 4wks yet. I just want to make sure I get a spot saved for me.

sodagirl August 21st, 2010 12:27 PM

(((hugs))) I 'm glad you called!