JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   I'm going nuts! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2084845-im-going-nuts.html)

inyourhonor August 26th, 2010 08:46 AM

I'm going nuts!

Still no baby. My 40 week appointment is today at 330. I'll be 41 weeks on Sunday if we make it till then. I'm kinda hoping we don't.

Tonight my mom is watching the boys so we can go to our appt and then she's making us a mini thanksgiving dinner haha. It was the last thing i ate before Dane was born so she's hoping it'll work the same this time :p Honestly, i kinda am too!

Here are 2 pictures of my home birth baby and his big brother who was my hospital baby who taught me to believe in myself :)

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/DSC_0570.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/DSC_0565.jpg

Earthy.Mama August 26th, 2010 08:59 AM

Re: I'm going nuts!

Cutie pies!!

And turkey does work:

*Josh's mother set her fork down after eating Thanksgiving and had her first contrax - my husband was born on Thanksgiving.
*Josh's sister ate thanksgiving dinner w/ us one year and that night she went into labor w/ our nephew.
*Josh's sister ate turkey at Christmas dinner 2yrs later and her and I knew what to look for at this point. 20 minutes later she looks at me and I start timing them. When she was ready we took her to the hospital and welcomed our baby niece on Christmas morning :)

So... why turkey? It has that relaxing hormone in it, which relaxes the uterus and starts contrax :) Good luck. Eat a ton of turkey and then sit back and relax!

inyourhonor August 26th, 2010 09:04 AM

Well then, I guess everyone else will be SOL because I'll be hogging the Turkey :p

We had Thanksgiving dinner around 4ish, I lost the rest of my plug and then labor started to kick in big time at 11pm that night. So heres to hoping!

Earthy.Mama August 26th, 2010 09:10 AM

W/ my nephew my sister in law was in a HORRIBLE mood that day (she has bad mood swings anyway lol) and after she ate she laid down. It was around 11pm when she got up and took a hot bath (she loved hot baths for obvious reasons) and a cpl hours later while in the bath her water broke.

I always hoped that the turkey thing would work for me since it is amazing w/ DH's side of the family. But nothing worked on me except EPO. I'd insert that in at night and have contrax for a good 20min before I feel asleep every night.

inyourhonor August 26th, 2010 09:16 AM

I've been having a ton of strong but not super strong contractions the past week but nothing has actually gone anywhere. I haven't lost any big chunk of my plug yet either.

I keep trying to remember that day before I went into labor with Dane. I had given up hope, I was a day shy of 41 weeks (he was born at 41w exactly) and i remember we ate, I lost my plug and then I laid on my moms couch. I was content but super tired. That's all I really remember up until actual labor starting.

Isaeph August 26th, 2010 11:28 AM

How exciting!! It's got to be tough going past your edd. I know I had given up hope with dd, who was born 4d early, but ds1 was born 15d early so it felt like she was 11d late to me. A few days before she was born I threw a fit and put all of her stuff away in a box in the closet. :lol:

CameraLinds August 26th, 2010 12:15 PM

Aww hugs!!! :dothug: I am sure I'm going to be in your boat in 2 short months. I hoep the turkey works! that's a great idea- i'll have to remember than in come October!

The boys are adorable!

Twinkle August 26th, 2010 01:23 PM

Adorable pics of the boys! I went to 41 weeks with Kate and remember feeling so awful and discouraged!

Tiff802 August 26th, 2010 05:47 PM

You have 2 beautiful boys! That's so cool of your mom!!! Can't wait to find out if it works! *fingers crossed*

Alison79 August 26th, 2010 07:27 PM

Hang in there - the last few days are SO hard. Love the pictures of your boys - Reid had that dino shirt, it was one of my favorites :)

GranolaMamaOf3 August 28th, 2010 05:32 AM

Your boys are too cute! Hope the turkey works for you!! I'd never heard of it before now. Keep us posted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama2Lovies (Post 21316498)
But nothing worked on me except EPO. I'd insert that in at night and have contrax for a good 20min before I feel asleep every night.

I've been wondering lately, HOW do you do this? Just insert the entire gel cap? Or break it, then insert?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaeph (Post 21318220)
How exciting!! It's got to be tough going past your edd. I know I had given up hope with dd, who was born 4d early, but ds1 was born 15d early so it felt like she was 11d late to me. A few days before she was born I threw a fit and put all of her stuff away in a box in the closet. :lol:

LOL! This is SO me right now! I'm seriously having to remind myself daily that I am NOT over due...It really feels like it though!

Earthy.Mama September 1st, 2010 03:44 PM

Oops, didn't see that question.

I would poke a hole in the capsule w/ a needle (sterilized) and then insert all the way up to my cervix. Wear a pad cuz it leaks at night when you're sleeping. Insert them at night. If you wake up and pee it'll look oily from the gel, no biggie.