JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Afterpains (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2086814-afterpains.html)

Twinkle August 28th, 2010 11:05 AM

Afterpains

Did you notice your afterpains getting worse with each subsequent pregnancy and birth?

CameraLinds August 28th, 2010 12:34 PM

Re: Afterpains

I'm curious about this!

as well as what are contractions/labor like for subsequent births??

Twinkle August 28th, 2010 02:18 PM

Mine definitely got worse with each baby. With Paul, I would have rather been in labor, LOL!!!

Lonomia August 28th, 2010 04:00 PM

With Thuya I didn't notice any and this time they were killer. I could cope with my contractions much better this time though.

GranolaMamaOf3 August 30th, 2010 06:42 PM

So does anyone have advice for making them more bearable??

Last time I was taking Ibuprofin round the clock for a few days (It was kinda hard to avoid with all the chaos of being in the hospital with a baby in the NICU!), but this time I'd really rather go about it in a more natural way if possible.

Kelllilee August 30th, 2010 09:28 PM

they were HORRIBLE after my second. Barely even noticed them after my third. My midwife gave me arnica (homeopathic) after my 3rd, so maybe that had something to do with it...

CameraLinds August 31st, 2010 12:50 AM

I took Arnica with DS1 but I still felt afterpains for a few days.....I bought this to use this time and hoping it helps as well as the Arnica :)
Everything Birth - cloth diapers and natural parenting products: After Ease Remedy 1oz.

Earthy.Mama August 31st, 2010 06:05 AM

Heard great things about this:

AfterEase Tincture-Wishgarden

I don't remember them (I know I had them) after Nola. I do remember the pain after Kailey....ick...

Alison79 August 31st, 2010 08:06 AM

The only birth I remember having afterpains with was my 2nd! All of my others I felt great right after the baby/placenta were born. I've heard really good things about After Ease.

CameraLinds August 31st, 2010 08:14 AM

Glad to hear you Alison and Mama2Lovies heard good things about After-Ease! :)

laisydaisymama August 31st, 2010 08:16 AM

mine were HORRIBLE this time, had me in tears daily. My midwife suggested After Ease also.

HappyHippy August 31st, 2010 09:14 AM

Yeah mine did. With Hunter I didn't notice any afterpains. With Liev they felt like I was in labor still. They were consistent too, every 30 minutes for a minute. They got worse when nursing. I didn't take anything for them, they stopped at 3 days pp.

Twinkle August 31st, 2010 11:22 AM

Mine only last a day or so. If they would have lasted longer I would have taken After Ease, I've heard great things about it as well.

Earthy.Mama August 31st, 2010 06:57 PM

I was hoping to buy some for after Nola's birth but I didn't. I'm definitely buying some for after the birth of 3rd baby....whenever that'll be.