JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Babywearing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2089823-babywearing.html)

Twinkle August 31st, 2010 12:23 PM

Babywearing

Do you like to wear your baby? What are some of your favorite carriers?

I love my beco! Today I tried on one of the new Beco Geminis and I am IN LOVE. I want it soooo badly, but just don't have the $130 to cough up for it. Maybe in a couple of weeks....

inyourhonor August 31st, 2010 01:20 PM

Re: Babywearing

I do! And now with 3 kids, 2 under 2 It'll be a big thing when we go out. We tried alternating the grocery cart with Dane the other day.. that isn't going to work very well. So whenever Bishop makes his appearance, i'm going to wear him.

I have 2 moby wraps and 1 mei tai. I love them both. I really love my mei tai when they get bigger and my moby for the newborn stage.

CameraLinds August 31st, 2010 02:22 PM

I do! I love it! (haven't worn DS in a while though because he started walking and wanted to walk and then with being prego and my messed up hip I didn't want to make it worse)

We have a sleepy wrap and an ergo here in the UK (have a mei tai and a pouch sling in storage) Can't wait to wear this lil guy in the sleepy wrap as a newborn- didn't get it until Z was 3 months old, used the pouch sling and Baby K'tan that was too big when he was newborn and didn't work too well, but I did like it, just wish it fit!

bre4thewin August 31st, 2010 07:37 PM

Me! I have 2 didy wovens, a sleepywrap which is so awesome for newborns, a podaegi, and a ring sling

Earthy.Mama August 31st, 2010 08:00 PM

Kailey no :( Nola yes! I only have a hotsling but I want a moby wrap SO BAD!

GranolaMamaOf3 August 31st, 2010 09:02 PM

LOVE baby wearing! I have 2 ring slings (one of which is a Solar veil), a Moby wrap, a cotton gauze woven wrap, and an Ergo...I'd love a Mei Tai some day, but not sure when that will happen, now that we have the Ergo. (I was going back and forth between the Baby Hawk, and the Ergo, and chose the Ergo because DH was more comfortable using it).

I use them all equally...The ring sling is great for quick in and out. The Moby is my favorite with a NB, but when they get older(heavier) and I want to wear them on my back, I use the Cotton gauze wrap. DH uses the Ergo most, but I like it too! Especially when DS got older.

Vandertramp September 1st, 2010 09:22 AM

I tried slings a bunch of times with Hudson and somehow it just never felt stable to be, the only carrier I ever used or felt comfortable with was the Bjorn.

HappyHippy September 1st, 2010 10:43 AM

I have 10 carriers I think. I love the Sleepy Wrap, Kozy MT and the Ergo. I use all of mine for different things. I also have a bunch of slings that I use for when I'm doing quick errands, in and out.