JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   39 week appt (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2090295-39-week-appt.html)

GranolaMamaOf3 August 31st, 2010 08:12 PM

39 week appt

Had my 39 week appt today. My midwife did a home visit, because she was already going to be in my area for a few PP check ups. It was sooo nice not to have to drive the hour to her office!

Everything looks great! She said baby is VERY low! She couldn't even feel the head from the outside because it was so far down into my pelvis.

We finally got around to doing the GBS test, so hopefully we get those results back soon!

I've continued to progress...slowly but surely...I'm now 3-4 cm, and 80% effaced. All we need now is labor to start!

Oh, and I learned from my midwife today, you are supposed to eat a WHOLE pineapple for it to put you into labor!:p (I've only ever eaten some of it...no wonder it wasn't working! Lol!) So my mom and sister went with me to the store, where we bought a pineapple(and some ice cream:cool:), then came home and I ate the whole thing!(my mouth was getting sore towards the end). We'll see if it works!:D (but I'm not holding my breath!)

laisydaisymama August 31st, 2010 09:30 PM

Re: 39 week appt

lol at the pineapple, I hope it works for you!

Twinkle September 1st, 2010 11:46 AM

Good luck hun! I'm glad everything is going so well, it won't be long now!!

c'est_la_vie September 1st, 2010 11:49 AM

I LOVE pineapple but it gives me horrible heartburn.. I'll keep that in mind as a last resort, :lol:

Sounds like baby time is coming soon - who will be updating us?

GranolaMamaOf3 September 1st, 2010 12:56 PM

Thanks ladies! I haven't appointed anyone in particular to update you all...I just assumed I would do it myself...If I don't get on here before, I'll make sure and post right after (or send my mom or DH on here) to let you all know!:D

c'est_la_vie September 1st, 2010 01:03 PM

You should be snuggling that new baby - make someone else do it! lol.

I'm so excited for you! :wub:

Do you have any gender thoughts?

GranolaMamaOf3 September 1st, 2010 06:48 PM

Thinking girl, just because of how different this pregnancy has been...also, I've been SOO much more weepy/hormonal this time, which has been totally different than last time! Everyone else (family/friends/etc..) are thinking the same, so it will be a bit of a shock to us all if it ends up being a boy! Lol! We'll see!...Soon!!:D

Vandertramp September 2nd, 2010 08:00 AM

I was also told the pinnapple should be under-rippened (same thing with mango and papya if you want to change it up).

CameraLinds September 2nd, 2010 09:43 AM

glad all is well!!!