JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   No homebirth for me. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2101280-no-homebirth-for-me.html)

Lissyknits September 12th, 2010 06:53 AM

No homebirth for me.

Well unless I go into labor on my own in the next 24 hours I will be having a csection tommorow morning. I really wanted a home birth but this little guy is stubborn. I've tried every natural thing I can to get him out and it hasn't worked. Accupreasure, acupuncture (twice) , walking , sex , red raspberry leaf tea , evening primrose oil, prenatal massage, being on my birth ball, nipple stimulation , meditation etc. My midwife says i could try castor oil but my body isn't far enough along for it too work. So I'm trying to look at the positives and be happy I'll finally be holding the little guy tommorow. My Obgyn , who is a friend of mine, is working really hard with me to make this a positive experience.

Voodoo_Lady September 12th, 2010 07:41 AM

Re: No homebirth for me.

I'm not sure why your midwife would say that about castor oil. I tried it at 39 weeks, 5 days with my son and it worked like a charm.

Why a c-section and not an in-hospital induction?

Lissyknits September 12th, 2010 08:08 AM

She said my body isn't showing any signs of going into labor. I had a csection with my first son and here they wont medically induce a vbac.

inyourhonor September 12th, 2010 08:20 AM

I'm so sorry :( I will keep my fingers crossed that Chase gets the memo to get out in the next 24 hours, or at least let labor start. Either way, I do hope an easy birth for you. *hugs*

Yeah, in order to have a successful VBAC you should not be induced.

Earthy.Mama September 12th, 2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissyknits (Post 21491021)
Well unless I go into labor on my own in the next 24 hours I will be having a csection tommorow morning. I really wanted a home birth but this little guy is stubborn. I've tried every natural thing I can to get him out and it hasn't worked. Accupreasure, acupuncture (twice) , walking , sex , red raspberry leaf tea , evening primrose oil, prenatal massage, being on my birth ball, nipple stimulation , meditation etc. My midwife says i could try castor oil but my body isn't far enough along for it too work. So I'm trying to look at the positives and be happy I'll finally be holding the little guy tommorow. My Obgyn , who is a friend of mine, is working really hard with me to make this a positive experience.

41wks & 6days?

I'd totally do the castor oil, and eat some "real" turkey meat.

sodagirl September 12th, 2010 12:44 PM

(((hugs))) - sending 'come out baby!!!!!!' vibes to you! and good c-secion vibes too - if that's what it comes too.
You couldn't talk them into giving you a few more days with non stress tests could you? in france you aren't considered over due till 43 weeks. - that was my plan if I went over just because I didn't want a medical induction with out a real 'medical reason'.

CameraLinds September 12th, 2010 02:21 PM

:dothug:

Twinkle September 12th, 2010 05:44 PM

((HUGS)) I hope you go into labor tonight hun... and if not, that your c/s experience is positive!!

Lissyknits September 12th, 2010 09:03 PM

Well several walks around the block , 3 doses of black cohosh , 2 of blue , seriously strong red raspberry leaf tea, and two tries of acupuncture. Nursing levi now and then going to take a bath and focus. Let's see if anything happens.

sodagirl September 12th, 2010 10:19 PM

Sending you good vibes! I've even heard literally talking to baby helps!

marmeeof5 September 13th, 2010 05:46 AM

I'm praying for you today! KUP!

inyourhonor September 13th, 2010 08:04 AM

Her friend posted in our PR today that she is on her way to have her section today. I wish her nothing but a safe and easy delivery!

Lissyknits September 14th, 2010 12:55 PM

Thanks everyone. Chase was born on sep 13th at 11:30 am via c section. 8 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches long. Even though it wasn't what I had planned, it still ended up being a very positive and healing birth. There were a few things that happened that convinced me he was ment to be born in the hospital. Here's hoping to home birth with my next.

CameraLinds September 15th, 2010 01:01 AM

Congrats on chase! glad he arrived finally for you! and that you are ok with the csection