JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   It's Baby Day! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2104253-its-baby-day.html)

GranolaMamaOf3 September 15th, 2010 03:31 AM

It's Baby Day!

I'm having fairly strong contractions about every 5min, (and usually another small one in between). I called my midwife to let her know (she's a half hour away), and she said she was going to start getting ready and then head this way, but to let her know if they were coming any closer together or stronger.

I went to the Chiropractor yesterday, and had another appt set up for today (just in case), but it looks like we'll be canceling that now! Last night I drank some Ridiculously STRONG RRLT! (which btw was NASTY!! My midwife suggested it), and contractions started pretty soon after (about 10:30ish). We timed them for about an hour and a half, and they were 6-10min apart. So around midnight, I finally went to bed...and slept pretty good until 4:30.

It's 5:30 now. I'm sitting on my birth ball, drinking a cup of tea...My mom (marmeeof5) or I will try and keep you all posted!

I'm so excited!! It's finally time!!:excited:

marmeeof5 September 15th, 2010 05:21 AM

Re: It's Baby Day!

7:00am- 7cm and baby is right there! She ate some toast and is resting comfortably. The midwife is here, hubby is home, birth pool is almost full and BE is still sleeping! Life is good!!

marmeeof5 September 15th, 2010 06:00 AM

In the birth pool. She's a natural!

inyourhonor September 15th, 2010 07:41 AM

Oh yay! I can't wait to hear that baby is here and safely :)

CameraLinds September 15th, 2010 08:09 AM

yay!! How strong is your RRL? Did you use the bags or the dried herbs? Can't wait for more updates!!! :D

Lonomia September 15th, 2010 11:24 AM

Sounds like your are doing beautifully! Soon we will know whether its pink or blue! :D

Twinkle September 15th, 2010 11:46 AM

YIppee!!!! Can't wait to hear some great news!!!!!!

marmeeof5 September 15th, 2010 01:26 PM

See- Conlan James is here!

The RRLT was 8 teabags in 2 cups of water steeped 4 hours! It was super bitter! We added some half and half and stevia drops, iced it and she just drank it down as fast as possible! Of course, being the crazy family we are, when she said "Eww disgusting! Here, try!", we all did! :roaring: LoL

It seemed to start working within an hour. Amazing!

CameraLinds September 15th, 2010 02:51 PM

Congrats!!! Can't wait for pics and more details!! :)

Thanks for the RRLT info!! ;) saving that for when I need it ;)

bre4thewin September 15th, 2010 03:07 PM

Congrats on your baby boy! Sounds like an awesome birth!

sodagirl September 15th, 2010 11:19 PM

Yay!