JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Hey (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2105134-hey.html)

Martha83 September 15th, 2010 07:10 PM

Hey

it's been a while since I posted here...mostly cause I dont have my own computer at the moment....argh...

anyway...we just found out we are expecting number five....trying to convince dh of a homebirth...he's VERY VERY determined we wont be...so praying he'll open his mind some....*sigh*....

Anyway...I'll be hanging out a bit more hopefully :)

Twinkle September 16th, 2010 05:37 AM

Re: Hey

Congrats!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you and DH are able to come to an agreement.

Martha83 September 16th, 2010 10:43 AM

Thanks...he's VERY sure he doesn't want a homebirth...and I'm VERY sure I do.....At this point we are hitting heads....it's definitely not getting better soon....He wants to do a tour of the "birthing center" at the hospital (I laughed and told him that is just the hospital slapping the name birthing center to make people THINK they have more control)...he argued that he heard tehy had tubs and everything...I though YEAH to labor in not to birth in...and ugh...I'm just distraught over this....I DO NOT want another hospital birth.....I dont know what to do.....*sigh*....

Anyway....

HappyHippy September 16th, 2010 12:48 PM

Congrats!

CameraLinds September 16th, 2010 02:31 PM

congrats! sorry about your butting heads- hope he comes around ;)

Martha83 September 17th, 2010 09:42 AM

Thanks again everyone. He wont talk about it at this point. I'm not sure what to do lol....I'm going to start by MAKING him watch the bus of being born....and go from there

Twinkle September 17th, 2010 11:15 AM

Do you have a midwife? Would it be possible to get him to agree to an initial meeting with a midwife? My DH was pretty against it, but once we met our midwives and they answered his questions and concerns there was never another question that we were doing a HB.

Martha83 September 20th, 2010 03:36 PM

I dont yet....I am having trouble finding many in our area....There is one group of them which I already know...they are from the birthing center I had olive at (the center is closed but the midwives formed their own group) but they are kind of on the high end of homebirth costs from what I've seen....so I am hoping to find a couple more options that might be more affordable. The thing is...we've had an out of hospital birth already...and so he KNOWS what it's like...it's not foreign to him....but I guess homebirth is a BIT different than the center...

Anyway....I think you are right...if I can get him to the point of agreeing to at least THAT much...then we'll probably have less head bonking....we'll see I guess....Thanks for the idea/reminder! :)