JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   New her (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2110048-new-her.html)

HippyMomOf4 September 21st, 2010 09:03 AM

New her

Hi ladies, i lurk this board quite often hehe but since i didn't do homebirth with any of the 3 kiddos i never felt right about posting here. But anyway fast forward hehe I just found out that we are expecting #4 and we are planning a homebirth this time around. Im really excited about it, i've been in touch with a midwife here and she seems so nice, i actually get to meet her Thursday!! Im due May 26th, and just hoping that things go great, i have a history of losses. Oh i guess i should say my name too hehe. Im Denise im 25 DH is Chris whos 28. We have 3 beautiful children, Isis(5) Athena(4) and Thayden(9 1/2 months). DH is in the US Navy and were stationed in San Diego CA.

I look forward to meeting everyone:)

Twinkle September 21st, 2010 10:11 AM

Re: New her

Welcome!! Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to the home birth board. I'm Christine, mama to 4. My younger two were born at home. Nothing compares to it, and i hope you get to experience it as well.

inyourhonor September 21st, 2010 11:39 AM

Welcome and Congratulations! I'm Marisa and I have had 2 home births, my younger two. Any other babies will be home births as well. I have 3 boys. This board is full of a bunch of great women :)

There is another member here who's stationed in San Diego, she doesnt post a lot but hopefully she'll come out of the woodwork. AHEM LYNDSEY! :)

HippyMomOf4 September 21st, 2010 02:38 PM

LOL I actually know Lyndsey in real life we were stationed in WA at the same time, i was there for both her births and she will be here for me with this one:)

inyourhonor September 21st, 2010 03:21 PM

Oh yay! How exciting :D Tell her to post more over here :p she's the host of my Nov 08 PR, which is when I had my first home birth :)

Martha83 September 21st, 2010 05:10 PM

:) Hey...I think we are in teh same birth club?? (May)...anyway...welcome...I'm not a frequent poster but am a frequent lurker....now that I'm begging dh for a HB I'm sure I'll be on here more...and in hopes that he says yes...I KNOW I'll be on here more then :) LOL

sodagirl September 21st, 2010 07:48 PM

Welcome :D I think I know you from PAL? Anyway. welcome and congrats!!!

HippyMomOf4 September 21st, 2010 09:49 PM

yeah i posted a lot on PAL and TTCAL...thanks for all the welcomes:)

navywifey2003 September 21st, 2010 10:04 PM

AHEM Im here. lol.

CameraLinds September 22nd, 2010 04:43 AM

Hi :Welcome: i think I remember you from the TTCAL board. That's awesome you are going for a homebirth this time :) I miss CA!!!

bre4thewin September 22nd, 2010 05:48 AM

Nice to meet you! My husband is Army and we just moved away from San Diego :( to NOrth Carolina...eww. I miss it a ton! There are so many great resources in SD! Have you been to baby frenzy? Its a wonderful natural parenting store at the Happy Hiney Cloth Diaper factory in El Cajon. Love it. There are also some awesome Babywearing meetings there! I have a couple friends who have birthed at Best Start and loved it!

Tricare Standard is covering 40% of my homebirth..how about you?

mommybugnbugga September 22nd, 2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bre4thewin (Post 21595600)
Nice to meet you! My husband is Army and we just moved away from San Diego :( to NOrth Carolina...eww. I miss it a ton! There are so many great resources in SD! Have you been to baby frenzy? Its a wonderful natural parenting store at the Happy Hiney Cloth Diaper factory in El Cajon. Love it. There are also some awesome Babywearing meetings there! I have a couple friends who have birthed at Best Start and loved it!

Tricare Standard is covering 40% of my homebirth..how about you?

Not to thread hijack here, but are you AD Army? If so, you might want to contact Tricare. Even on Standard, they are supposed to cover 100% of Prenatal, birth and PP care. This INCLUDES homebirth, hospital birth, or birthing center. You are supposed to pay the first 15/20% (depending on if you are using standard or extra) at the first appt, then everything is supposed to be covered at 100% as long as the midwife is board certified AND a CN-M. If your midwife meets these requirments your homebirth should be covered at 100%, and if not they should be covering all but 15/20% (again depending on if you are using extra or standard) and even then if you hit the $1000 during your pregnancy everything should be covered 100% after that point.

HippyMomOf4 September 22nd, 2010 08:30 AM

Yes they told me that it was covered 100%, were still in the first processes of seting things up finding the right midwife and stuff but when i called they said it was covered 100% because i was an AD spouse

GranolaMamaOf3 September 23rd, 2010 08:40 AM

Welcome! :waves:

bre4thewin September 24th, 2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommybugnbugga (Post 21596779)
Not to thread hijack here, but are you AD Army? If so, you might want to contact Tricare. Even on Standard, they are supposed to cover 100% of Prenatal, birth and PP care. This INCLUDES homebirth, hospital birth, or birthing center. You are supposed to pay the first 15/20% (depending on if you are using standard or extra) at the first appt, then everything is supposed to be covered at 100% as long as the midwife is board certified AND a CN-M. If your midwife meets these requirments your homebirth should be covered at 100%, and if not they should be covering all but 15/20% (again depending on if you are using extra or standard) and even then if you hit the $1000 during your pregnancy everything should be covered 100% after that point.

REally???? I will have to check and see. My midwife deals mostly with Army wifes so i figured she would know. What is AD Army? My midwife is a CNM.

mommybugnbugga September 24th, 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bre4thewin (Post 21623002)
REally???? I will have to check and see. My midwife deals mostly with Army wifes so i figured she would know. What is AD Army? My midwife is a CNM.

AD is active duty. Call the tricare information line or go to your local tricare office. They are supposed to cover 100% of all maternity (minus the first 15% at your first visit) even on standard. I actually found out due to a co-worker of dh's wife was pg. and planning a HB and told us tricare was covering 100%. She had to do some poking to get the right way to file it. It all depends on how the CNM files it to determine how much is covered also Reserve/Guard tricare standard covers a different amount.

bre4thewin September 24th, 2010 12:32 PM

Good to know. I emailed my CNM to ask her about it. Im not sure what NC laws are for midwifery so that might play a part in why she told me they only cover 40%?