JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   I chose home birth because... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2111362-i-chose-home-birth-because.html)

inyourhonor September 22nd, 2010 12:11 PM

I chose home birth because...

Why did you choose to birth at home? Was it because you grew up around the choice, had a traumatic hospital experience or just something that always peaked your interest but you didn't do until now?

Martha83 September 22nd, 2010 02:26 PM

Re: I chose home birth because...

I didn't have hugely traumatic hossy experiences but they were full of interventions and limitations....and that in itself left a mark..ya know?...I had one out of hossy birth at a birthing center (which is closed now) and am praying for a homebirth

Twinkle September 22nd, 2010 05:23 PM

My hospital birth wasn't especially traumatic, but it left its mark, and is really an awful memory for me....

HippyMomOf4 September 22nd, 2010 07:37 PM

My hospital births were not traumatic but they were not what I wanted. I decided to do homebirth because the freedom of doing thing my way peaked my interest. This is our last baby and I don't want to miss out on this experience

Sk8ermaiden September 22nd, 2010 09:08 PM

Because it made the most logical sense. Because it is stastically safest for me and my baby.

CameraLinds September 23rd, 2010 01:33 AM

because...I knew I wanted a natural birth, no question about it. After researching home births it made the most sense to me.

bre4thewin September 23rd, 2010 04:54 AM

because my hospital birth was riddled with unnecesarry interventions. I felt ripped off. Also I live on an Army base. Its hospital averavges 300 deliveries a month. You are literally a number. The alternate hospital i could deliver at did a Ceceran on a woman who wasnt pregnant 2 years ago, and ive heard noting but horror stories. There is a birth center an hour and half away, and me and DH werent comfortable with that. Homebirth just made sense for us!

Martha83 September 23rd, 2010 07:21 AM

WHAT? Did a section on someone NOT pregnant...how does taht even happen!? holy moly!

GranolaMamaOf3 September 23rd, 2010 07:32 AM

My mom didn't have HB's because my dad wasn't in favor of it, but I was always raised with the mentality that birth was a natural, normal event, and not one to be feared. (my mom always said she loved being preggo, and loved birth!).

I decided I wanted to have a HB after attending my oldest sister's HB, a few months before I was married. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed! and I knew that was the way I wanted to have my babies!

DH was very much in favor of the idea, but when I became preggo with my first, we were very new to our area, and I didn't know how to find a HB midwife, so I settled for a CNM in a hospital. It was a wonderful natural childbirth, but in the end, I still wanted to have a HB, so kept looking for a HB MW, and with our second I finally got it! It was amazing, and we'll never go back!

Kelllilee September 23rd, 2010 07:40 AM

several reasons

...I wanted a water birth and home was my only option

...I saw no reason NOT to birth at home, I felt safe, and confident about it

...I hated the after birth experience at the hospital and didn't want to deal with that again.

bre4thewin September 23rd, 2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha83 (Post 21609707)
WHAT? Did a section on someone NOT pregnant...how does taht even happen!? holy moly!

Exactly..here is the article...
Doctors perform C-section on non-pregnant woman | abc11.com

inyourhonor September 23rd, 2010 08:57 AM

I love hearing everyones reasons!

I chose home birth because my 1st birth experience was horrible and completely unnecessary. I had a fear in the hospital after that. I wanted it done my way.

nak

mommybugnbugga September 23rd, 2010 10:55 AM

I am hoping for a homebirth this next time because this will most likely be my last birth and I want to be able to labor and deliver without feeling rushed or pressured into unneccesary interventions. I have had 2 prior hospital births and the first one was unevental, but not at all what I wanted, the second although relatively uneventful and not all together unplesant I still had to fight off some unneccesary interventions (thankfully I had a great pro-natural nurse).

Martha83 September 23rd, 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bre4thewin (Post 21610462)

Wow...just WOW