JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Midwife meet today! update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2113212-midwife-meet-today-update.html)

HippyMomOf4 September 24th, 2010 08:06 AM

Midwife meet today! update

Im excited but a little nervous, mainly becuase i really hope that i like her im nervous that i won't and ill be back to square 1 looking for a midwife. I have a couple questions though, how does your prenatal care work with a midwife when your doing homebirth, do they do the appts at your house or at their office? I was wondering that and do you get u/s at all? I have a history of early loss so i kinda wanted to have 1 early u/s to make sure there is a hb kinda thing? Do midwifes do these or no?

So we met and I love her we hit t off right away and I know she's the one I'm gonna go with. I have my first appt on the 29th of October so we can hear the heartbeat yay

Twinkle September 24th, 2010 08:09 AM

Re: Midwife meet today!

My midwives do prenatals in their office, but some HB midwives in our area do appointments in your home. My midwives can write prescriptions for ultrasounds, but don't do them in their office. I elected to have u/s done with my home birth pregnancies, I also have a history or a loss and needed that confirmation early on for my own piece of mind. Good luck with your appointment today. I hope it goes well. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

bre4thewin September 24th, 2010 09:44 AM

ditto to what Christine said! My midwife is sending me to a perinatologist for my 20 weeks scan due to a family history of congenital heart defects. As for blood work she takes my blood at her office..so easy!

inyourhonor September 24th, 2010 10:43 AM

My midwife has appointments at her house in her office (a spare room) and then the home visit at 36 weeks.

I had to go to my Family doctor to get an ultrasound scheduled.

Blood work again had to be done by my family doctor. I opted out on doing any of it this time around. I had blood work drawn with my 1st home birth though, everything came back fine.

HippyMomOf4 September 24th, 2010 12:13 PM

Thanks ladies. I just have a lot of worry in the back of my mind just kinda wanna know if us are givn and how other things work since I'm all new to this

Twinkle September 25th, 2010 04:15 AM

Re: Midwife meet today! update

Saw your update! So glad everything went well!!

Tiff802 September 25th, 2010 05:30 PM

Congrats on clicking with her! That's awesome! I go for my first appt. on Monday and I'm soooo super excited!

CameraLinds September 26th, 2010 02:46 AM

that's great!