JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Buying, Renting, or not bothering? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2186099-buying-renting-not-bothering.html)

Twinkle December 10th, 2010 10:07 AM

Buying, Renting, or not bothering?

Are you going to have a tub at your birth?

HippyMomOf4 December 10th, 2010 10:11 AM

Re: Buying, Renting, or not bothering?

yes we will be buying one and then reselling it when we are done since this is our last baby

breathing for two December 10th, 2010 10:57 AM

Last time my midwife provided one at no extra cost. I plan on using it again. :)

bre4thewin December 10th, 2010 11:56 AM

My midwife has one, but i want to make sure i have it through out labor to use, so i need to talk to her about it

andi2284 December 10th, 2010 12:41 PM

I believe the birth center has one they can bring here, but I'll have to ask before we talk about renting or buying one.

Sk8ermaiden December 10th, 2010 12:50 PM

I have a garden tub that was freaking fantastic last time! My best friend used our midwife's BPIAB, and OMG, I spent her ENTIRE birth with 4 pots filled with water on the stove, boiling, because it didn't maintain its own temperature. It was straight out of Little House on the Prairie. It was terrible.

Kelllilee December 10th, 2010 01:28 PM

used my midwife's tub (she has 2 she loans out). Cost is included in her fees. I definitely plan on doing it again.

Twinkle December 10th, 2010 06:12 PM

With Kate, we had the fishy pool, I spent HOURS in it, and yes, DH and my midwives were boiling water on the stove to keep the temp up.

With Paul, I wanted to get in the tub around 330pm, but it wasn't set up, we had the La Bassine, it took a while to set up, but I really blame that on us not being prepared, since I delivered at 37 weeks and we thought I had another month (I had delivered at 41 weeks in the past!). I got in the tub around 5 and Paul was born a little after 6, the tub maintained its temp perfectly. We rented it from my midwives for $100.

marialena December 10th, 2010 06:36 PM

I am not having a tub. Last time I just hung out in the bath tub until 2nd stage and then I didn't want to be wet anymore. We have a 2 story house and I don't want to mess with the mess of having a pool.

sugary~snails December 10th, 2010 06:50 PM

we are in an apartment..and I wouldnt want to somehow damage the floors..running a hose to keep a supply of warm water would be hard..as would emptying it. I would love the experience one day..but the cleaning would be our responsibility..and I dont want to worry about it after birth..and neither does DH. our midwives do have three that they loan out

inyourhonor December 10th, 2010 07:02 PM

Mine came in the price of my midwifes services. Neither time did I deliver in it. The 2nd time it hit so fast I couldn't move to get into it. So 3rd home birth, im not bothering haha.

NiKA December 12th, 2010 10:30 PM

we are renting I guess you could call it. A friend of ours bought one and we're using her's (with our own liner ect)

HappyHippy December 13th, 2010 07:58 AM

I bought the La Bassine. I'm glad I bought it because I plan to use it for my next birth in the future. I didn't have a waterbirth, but I did spend some time in it. I like having it up and ready just in case I want to labor in it or give birth in it.

navywifey2003 December 13th, 2010 11:55 AM

I plan on buying one from Denise most likely lol. :)

Alison79 December 13th, 2010 05:49 PM

I rented one from my midwife - the has a TheraSpa - worth every penny!!

lrowe70 December 16th, 2010 12:02 AM

yikes, 1 more question to ask my midwife.

We have a large juccuzzi tub here that I will probably labor in, though I've heard that it won't be good for the actual birth. But I've also heard that with plastic tablecloths it won't be an issue. Our midwife is going to come over to make an assessment at a later date.

We're considering the birth being on our back deck so we will need a tub/pool. Not sure where that will come from, but I have until summer to decide.

CameraLinds December 16th, 2010 04:42 AM

we rented one from our midwife....i ended up buying one too because i go a great deal on it at a baby sale in town, which we didn't end up using but i am going to re-sale it ;)

Martha83 December 16th, 2010 06:43 AM

renting one from our midwife....it's only a 50.00 rental...and we have to provide our own liner.