JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Introducing myself (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2186974-introducing-myself.html)

andi2284 December 11th, 2010 02:41 PM

Introducing myself

I know many of you from other boards, but for those I don't know, I thought I would introduce myself before I start posting more.

I'm Andrea, mom to 2 little girls - Abigail is 4 and Annabelle is 2. We just found out we are expecting a 3rd in August and I'm planning a homebirth this time. My first daughter was born in a hospital and my second was born at a free standing birth center. I wanted a home birth last time also and compromised on the birth center for my husband. Since this is likely my last baby though, I would like to get the home birth I've been wanting. I had talked to my old midwife, who's now retired but still very involved with the birth center. She told me that the birth center now does home births! I will still have to go there for appointments, but they will come to my home for the birth. A little bit different than your typical home birth midwife, but I love the idea of staying with midwives I already know and am comfortable with. Our insurance also coverd the majority of Anna's birth, and they will bill it the same this time so it works out for us financially too.

I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way, but for now, I'll just jump right in if you don't mind!

Twinkle December 11th, 2010 06:39 PM

Re: Introducing myself

Welcome and Congrats on #3!!! I'm so excited for you!

lovemama December 11th, 2010 07:14 PM

Congrats! We are due in Jan with #4 and planning a home birth.

sodagirl December 11th, 2010 11:57 PM

Yay!!! Welcome!!!

bre4thewin December 12th, 2010 05:55 PM

Hi Andrea!!

inyourhonor December 12th, 2010 08:24 PM

Welcome and Congratulations!

Isaeph December 13th, 2010 10:20 AM

Congratulations!!

Alison79 December 13th, 2010 06:52 PM

Welcome & congrats!! We are done having babies now but my last three were born at home :)

GranolaMamaOf3 December 23rd, 2010 11:25 AM

Oh here it is! I was looking for this before to offer my congrats, and couldn't find it...Anyway...

Welcome, and Congratulations again!

Martha83 December 23rd, 2010 02:55 PM

WELCOME and Congrats! :) How exciting! :)

marialena December 26th, 2010 08:50 PM

Welcome and Congrats, it is awesome that you have a birthing center that can do homebirths as well!

HippyMomOf4 December 29th, 2010 03:16 PM

Welcome and congrsts

andi2284 December 30th, 2010 08:17 AM

I think I know almost everyone who has replied to this, just shows you that I "hang" out with the right people :P Thank you for the welcome!

Mom of 4 Js December 30th, 2010 10:51 AM

Congratulations!!!