JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   When did you share the good news? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2188980-when-did-you-share-good-news.html)

Twinkle December 13th, 2010 05:42 PM

When did you share the good news?

When did you share the news about your pregnancy?

Alison79 December 13th, 2010 05:46 PM

Re: When did you share the good news?

I usually told my family and best friends the day we found out. Other friends were told closer to the 6-8 week mark.

Sk8ermaiden December 13th, 2010 05:58 PM

Told my best friend the day, everyone else close to the end of the first trimester. Next time we may tell our families earlier, but everyone else still 3 months later.

navywifey2003 December 13th, 2010 07:52 PM

We told pretty early with this one. I didnt mean to tell my mom until Christmas but it slipped out. I havent told many other IRL people though.

HippyMomOf4 December 13th, 2010 08:26 PM

I told my mom right when I found out well a couple days later. Dh told his mom a couple weeks later and she flipped out lie normal for her LOL by things are all good now. Once he told her I announced on DB and everyone know then. Well I told Lyndsey the day I found as well as my bff

sugary~snails December 13th, 2010 09:24 PM

Told my sisters and friends immediately. But held off on telling anyone else until 16 weeks

bre4thewin December 14th, 2010 08:49 AM

with my first we told everyone right away. With the second i had a previous loss and we waited till i was 10 weeks or so

inyourhonor December 14th, 2010 08:56 AM

Pretty much right away with my 2nd and 3rd. My first we held off for a while because we weren't married at the time and I was only 19.

CameraLinds December 16th, 2010 04:41 AM

Didn't announce DS#1 until about 8 weeks, and didn't announce DS #2 until 7w

GranolaMamaOf3 December 23rd, 2010 10:17 AM

We call to tell family right away, and close friends and church family within a few weeks. But we wait until at least the end of the first trimester to announce on FB and tell everyone else. I like to have had my first midwife appt, and hear the HB and all that first, so I'm pretty sure I was between 16-18 weeks before announcing it with both boys.

Martha83 December 23rd, 2010 01:59 PM

I usually tell people right away...I always have ideas of holding it in until later to make it a fun announcement but never do....I usually can't wait...I dreaded it this time cause we got so much crap last time....but people did really good for the most part.