JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Bedrest and Blood pressure... Update* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2203722-bedrest-and-blood-pressure-update.html)

marialena January 1st, 2011 05:35 AM

Bedrest and Blood pressure... Update*

So.. I am now lying here on bedrest trying to keep my blood pressure down under 150s/100s.... not fun! So far the dip sticks haven't shown any protien in my urine which is great but I also know it isn't difinitive. I am very ready for the baby to arrive, I hope it is sooner than later so I don't have to go get checked out by an OB... Just thought I would update. Wish me luck and a healthy delivery :)

So I had the midwife over today, she took blood and we are doing a 24 hour urine. So far the blood tests have all been normal :) She checked me but couldn't reach the cervix :( but as soon as she left i went to the bathroom to add to the collection of urine and i heard a rock like thing drop in the hat... I passed a kidney stone! I guess that was what had been causing my high blood pressure because now it is just about back to normal... this end of pregnancy has been a very strange one!

I am extremely relieved that I don't have to go to the hospital!

Martha83 January 1st, 2011 07:40 AM

Re: Bedrest and Blood pressure...

OH MAN....My midwife from last time told me that if I eat lots of protein it's supposed to help keep BP down.....maybe that tidbit of advice will help..maybe not...HUGS I hope baby comes SOON!!!

marialena January 1st, 2011 11:27 AM

I will ask her when she gets here. thanks.

navywifey2003 January 1st, 2011 11:31 AM

I agree lots of protein. There is a diet called the brewer diet that is for helping keep BP down. I hope you have a safe and healthy delivery hun!

andi2284 January 2nd, 2011 11:58 AM

Re: Bedrest and Blood pressure... Update*

Oh wow, did you know you had a kidney stone? Hopefully your baby is here soon!

marialena January 2nd, 2011 12:10 PM

I had no clue until it came out... I am heading out for a walk after my daughter wakes up to help invite the little one to join us...

Martha83 January 2nd, 2011 12:36 PM

well WOO HOO...what did your midwife say? I'll bet she was relieved as well...YAY on BP being back to normal...HUGS on the stone...sounds like it wasn't a bad one though sinec you didn't know you had it...

now...COME ON BABY

Twinkle January 2nd, 2011 05:18 PM

So glad your BP has been back to normal!

GranolaMamaOf3 January 4th, 2011 08:50 PM

Wow! Glad you're ok!

You could always try what I did with Conlan to help labor start...A trick my midwife just learned of- SUPER strong red raspberry leaf tea! I steeped 8 tea bags in 2 cups of water, for 4 hours! It was really bitter, but after sucking it down as fast as I could (because it tasted so gross!), contractions started within 30 min!

I also went to the Chiropractor earlier that day...so maybe it was a combination? Not sure, but I do know of two other friends who have used this tea with success!

marialena January 5th, 2011 02:04 PM

hummm cool Heather, Maybe I will try that tonight :) we are very ready for the munchkin!

lovemama January 5th, 2011 03:41 PM

Glad to hear you are ok. I am going to try the strong tea tonight. I have just been using 1 bag. I checked my cervix and it is a lot more anterior than yexterday. I have been walking a lot too.

Twinkle January 5th, 2011 05:01 PM

Can't wait to hear if that tea works. I imagine its pretty bitter... I know just one or two bags was pretty bitter!

marialena January 9th, 2011 10:37 AM

tea worked, along with membrane stripping :)

Twinkle January 9th, 2011 04:46 PM

woohoo!