JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Hmm...well...that went ok (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2222649-hmm-well-went-ok.html)

Martha83 January 18th, 2011 08:48 PM

Hmm...well...that went ok

We were at my IL's last night for dinner...MIL pipes up with "so are you going to have this one at the birthing center like you did Olive?"....first of all I'm surprised they even remembered...second I was kind of shocked that she asked...she's usually a "doesn't ask unless the convo is started by me" type of person...anyway...so I said...no it's closed....we haven't really decided....(which is an *ahem* lie) but anyway...I said I really dont want to go back to the hospital, so it's either that or a homebirth...we are leaning toward homebirth (just feeling her out)....

She didn't really respond...she probably will after we leave....dh didn't really want them knowing but I can't really stand just bold face lying and this opens it up to them knowing...we did ask that they keep it to themselves because we dont want his grandparents and so on "informing" us like they do on other things about how we are endangering lives...lol...so anyway....I *THINK* it went ok...we'll see if she brings it up again....

Since the ice is broken I *MIGHT* ask her to get involved and help with the kids for during the labor/birth if she wants and if it's during the day. Not sure. We'll have to play that by ear.

Anyway...so MIL (and FIL if he was paying attention) officially know....

mommybugnbugga January 19th, 2011 08:01 AM

Re: Hmm...well...that went ok

Glad to hear it went better than expected :) Crossing my fingers she will be there to help with the kids

Lucky Mama January 25th, 2011 08:15 PM

It's always difficult to gauge how someone will react to the "shocking" news that one would deliberately plan to give birth at home. I thought my IL's would be horrified. Turns out they were all for it and MY dad was the one who flipped out. Go figure.

Hopefully, they will warm up to the idea and be of assistance with your other kiddos when the time comes.

navywifey2003 January 26th, 2011 09:29 AM

Things went very similarly with my mom. I thought she would flip! But she didnt say anything. And hasnt said anything since. I am really confused about it lol. Im glad it went better than expected. Hopefully it stays that way.

Twinkle January 26th, 2011 12:17 PM

I'm glad the ice was broken a bit. You will have to update us as to how/if she says anything again.

Martha83 January 26th, 2011 02:50 PM

We've visited since this time and she didn't say a word....I'll keep you posted if she ever does....still deciding on if I want her here for the birth or not to take care of the older kids....we'll see....I've got time to think about it! LOL