JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   Birthing pool choice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2224693-birthing-pool-choice.html)

PinkFireFly January 20th, 2011 03:04 PM

Birthing pool choice

How did you decide on which birthing pool to get...

I see there are 3 different kinds and I don't know what to pick.....

Martha83 January 20th, 2011 05:56 PM

Re: Birthing pool choice

I didn't decide....my midwife has one I can rent for cheap so that is what we'll use...LOL....

HippyMomOf4 January 20th, 2011 06:45 PM

I decided on this one just from some reviws a few friends gave me.....La Bassine Birthing Pool for homebirth and hospital water birth. Water Birth Pools and tubs Accessories from Your Water Birth

sharita February 12th, 2011 08:13 AM

I had my firsst attemot at waterbirth a few years ago. It was a kiddie pool. The water was nice but didn't do much good as the pool was too shallow and the water didn't cover my tummy completely. It did no good. I was just uncomfortable and got out 15 mins later.

Last time though, I got the "birth pool in a box". One off the models has a built in seat. It was so deep and nice. It was amazing! It was my aquadural just when I needed it!

I didn't use the seat though just leaned over the side belly down squatting. It had such an affect on my pain. I am using that again.

Twinkle February 13th, 2011 11:31 AM

I used the kiddie fishy poll for my first home birth and I didn't like it. It did the trick and I did have a good water birth, but it was a pain.

The second time, I had signed up to rent the Birth Pool in a Box from my midwife. I went into labor before I could get it from her at 37 weeks. Luckily my midwife had the La Bassine in her car with a liner. It worked out wonderfully!

Sk8ermaiden February 13th, 2011 04:27 PM

My best friend had the BPIAB. Let me say one thing about that stupid pool. It does not maintain its temperature. Most of them don't. So I spent the entirety of her labor schlepping giant pots of boiling water across her condo and dumping them in to try to keep it at a decent temperature. The ENTIRETY of her 24 hours of labor at home I was doing this. It was a NIGHTMARE. Straight out of Little House on the Prairie. OMG. I told her next time *I* would pay for her to have one that maintains its temp so we didn't have to deal with that again.

I have a big, DEEP garden tup and it was *perfect.*

inyourhonor February 13th, 2011 05:45 PM

My midwife has the birth pool in a box and it was super comfy. However both births I had at home, neither I actually did in the tub haha.

PinkFireFly February 13th, 2011 08:21 PM

I really want to purchase one now... lol...

I will need to look more at which one to get... choices choices choices...

HappyHippy February 14th, 2011 10:23 AM

I did the La Bassine. It looked like it would be roomy and comfy, and it is. I'm glad I picked it.

pink_piggy February 17th, 2011 06:14 PM

I just purchased this one Amazon.com: 75" x 70" x 24" Swim Center Ocean Reef Pool: Toys & Games altho it was shipped and sold through amazon and was sooo much cheaper w/ free ship. We just received it yesterday. I didn't want to get a birth pool b/c I'm not sure if I will actually like being in the water and didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a pool I don't end up using. This one also has an inflatable floor, so I'm sure it will work out just fine. Plus when I'm done w/ it, baby girl can use it. We have a pool in our backyard, so I was thinking of getting a bunch of plastic balls for her to play in when she's old enough :D I can let you know how I like it after using it. :)