JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Home Birth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/)
-   -   After talking to friends in the medical field... *updated* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f341-home-birth/2235131-after-talking-to-friends-medical-field-updated.html)

pink_piggy January 31st, 2011 02:32 PM

After talking to friends in the medical field... *updated*

I feel even more sure about my decision to have our baby at home. I just feel like my friends are seriously brain washed in their thinking on labor and birth and I don't want anyone like that around me when my baby is ready to make her entrance into this world.

I'm still sort of currently seeing an OB, but after last weeks appt I just don't think I can go back. :( My hubby (who works in the med field as well) :rolleyes: is finally on board and we have a consult w/ a MW who sounds wonderful and comes highly recommended. *crossing fingers*

I just don't want to be told how MY birth is going to go and have unnecessary interventions b/c I'm not progressing fast enough for them. I wasn't too pleased when hearing that my ob will want to induce at 41 weeks... :( Along w/ some other things that I don't really want to talk about.

If it came down to it, I honestly would be just peachy going the UC route. Thanks for letting me get that out. I really love being able to come here and see the support of other strong ladies who trust in themselves, their bodies and their babies. :wub:

mommybugnbugga January 31st, 2011 06:13 PM

Re: After talking to friends in the medical field...

Good luck! I hope everything works out and you get your homebirth!

Twinkle February 1st, 2011 12:07 PM

I'm so happy to hear your DH is on board, having his support is really important! Good luck with your midwife consult. When is it? Be sure to update us after!

pink_piggy February 1st, 2011 02:09 PM

Thanks! It's tomorrow morning. I hope everything goes good w/ her, will let you know how it goes.

bre4thewin February 1st, 2011 07:05 PM

I have a feeling you will be super excited!

lrowe70 February 1st, 2011 11:28 PM

Good luck and glad you're making an educated decision even with so much dissent around you.

GranolaMamaOf3 February 3rd, 2011 08:38 AM

How did it go?

pink_piggy February 17th, 2011 07:05 PM

Ack! I'm so sorry ladies, I've completely lost my mind and forgot to come in and update.

The meeting went awesome! It was suppose to be a one hour consult, turned into 3.5 hours! LOL We both really like her and feel totally at ease. But we went home w/ all the info she gave us, read through it and talked about it. In the end, we decided to go with her. The following Monday we called to make an appt and last Wed, had our first appt. Again, one hour appt and it lasted two. :) I just cannot believe how different the appt went w/ her as opposed to my former OB. It was such a refreshing change.

I hopefully will get the waterbirth I want and so excited to be able to have our baby in our home. We got the pool ordered and I need to get the birth kit and supplies.

I was so worried that my hubby wouldn't be on board since we're not sure that our insurance will cover anything, but I don't think he cares about the money anymore, and honestly even w/ our insurance I think we will still end up paying less. I do know one thing, I will have a better birthing experience where I won't be forced to have an IV and refused liquids or have a bunch of strangers in my womanhood. (strangers freak me out and cause anxiety)

Bottom line, I'm so happy with our choice and feel so at ease. :D Unfortunately until after the birth I'm not sharing that we switched to a MW or that we're having our cupcake at home. I don't want any negativity, I all ready got enough of that w/ my OB and don't need to cry/stress anymore this pregnancy over stupid things. And my favorite is that she will not be considering me high risk b/c of my asthma and thyroid, both of which are under control and giving me NO issues. :D I was so worried I was goin to be forced into unnecessary interventions w/ the OB b/c they saw me as high risk, now I don't need to worry. :D

sodagirl February 17th, 2011 10:47 PM

Re: After talking to friends in the medical field... *updated*

YAY!!!!

HappyHippy February 18th, 2011 09:27 AM

:)

HippyMomOf4 February 18th, 2011 10:33 AM

Yay that's awesome news!

PinkFireFly February 19th, 2011 12:12 PM

Congrats!!!!

pink_piggy February 19th, 2011 10:24 PM

Thanks ladies, I'm super excited :D This is such new ground for me and everyone I know, but I feel that this is the right choice for me and my cupcake. :) It's sad that this isn't acknowledged more, hopefully by me choosing home birth it will open up my friends and families eyes to it. :)

Earthy.Mama February 21st, 2011 08:55 AM

Wow things sure did turn around in your favor, awesome!!!